My Buddy, Mr. Staffer

Peter sighs as he gets into his apartment

Peter sighs as he gets into his apartment. The smell of a familiar home engulfs his senses. Taking in a scent of lavender air freshener and leftover Thai take out food.

He goes to his room and drops his backpack down by his desk, almost knocking over a silver suitcase.

The same suitcase that has his new and improved Spider-Man suit in it.
He hasn't been able to actually take it for a spin..now's a better time than any?

He plops the suitcase on his small bed and presses the front buttons. Immediately, his head doesn't throb anymore. The pain in his cheek subsides.
He takes in the red and blue material, the black spiderwebbing and armbands all together. The wristbands click and beep, fully charged with new webbing.

It wouldn't hurt to take one swing today...
•••••
The adrenaline pumps through Peter's veins as he swings through the busying city of New York. Here in the air, there's nothing that stops him. Having the suit built by Tony Stark with new abilities is exciting.

He aims and shoots a line of web at a hanging crane and uses his momentum to push himself up toward it. He lands right on top of it and he looks around, getting a feel of where he is.

From up here, he can see miles upon miles, of course with the help of his spider sense. He can hear and see things that help him fight his way through crime. And living in New York all his life has helped naturally navigate his way through the streets.

He stands up slowly, the breeze from high altitude makes the crane wobble a bit, but not enough so that Spider-Man falls off.

He looks around to see nothing but twist and turns of streets, people the size of ants, cars honking because of traffic. Suddenly, to the far side of his right, a line of speeding police cars and a police helicopter come into view. Whenever there's a helicopter, you know there's something big.

The cars zoom by him and the helicopter's blades encircle wind, making Peter grip onto the crane for support.

"Alright..what do we got?" Peter takes his focus on the helicopter and taps a few buttons on his wrist. A static sound, like from a walkie-talkie, is what he picks up from the helicopter. He turns a small knob and tries to pinpoint and hack into the communicating system.

Eventually, he hears a woman's voice over the intercom and listens closely.
"He have a 10-89 on the South of Canal Street. Address 352, suspect believe to be Dominic Staffer. Hostages have been recognized, in need of BDU on stand by." The intercom logs out and Peter stands up.

"BDU...The Bomb Disposal Unit? Oh no.." He shoots a web at the bottom of the helicopter and hoists himself up so that he's hanging from the landing feet.
•••••

    "Tell me where she is! Now! Tell me where my wife is or I'll blow this guys arm off—"
    "Mr. Staffer, were not going to harm you. Just put the man down.." several cops point their guns toward a distressed bald man, completely in tears. The crime is going down in an abandoned building that used to be a bank.