Five More Minutes

••••••••Monday, October 31stHalloween5:17pm

••••••••
Monday, October 31st
Halloween
5:17pm

It was after school when Peter and Madeline had a job to do given by Aunt May in honor of Halloween; decorate the apartment. Their day consisted of lots of homework assignments, projects, and harassment from the new 'Flash'.

It seemed during the entire school day, especially lunch, Eugene made it his main goal to flirt with Madeline behind Peter's back. The new Flash would contently pester the poor girl, asking for a date and her number multiple times. And all she did was say, 'I'm taken, dimwit," and ignore him.

The end of the day was by far the worst for the girl. Madeline had finished talking to her last period teacher about make up work when she had 'somehow' ran into Flash.

He cornered Madeline against the lockers, saying over and over again on how Peter was no good for her and she should date him instead. Madeline refused multiple times, and that ended up with Eugene getting irritated.

Unfortunately for him, Peter, Ned, and Betty had overheard the conversation and Peter was the first to barge in. The angry teen pulled Maddie away, letting Betty take care of the rest as she dragged Flash by the ear and almost beat him up. No doubt, she could've if only she weren't on school grounds.

And now, the two were inside Peter's apartment, busily making Halloween decorations and putting together the candy bowl for tonight. A Halloween playlist shuffled songs in the kitchen, coming from Peter's phone.

They both spent time together as they would any other night, enjoying the company and laughing until their gusts bursted.

But for Peter, he's had this guilty feeling in his chest ever since he encountered Flash today. He played over the events in his mind as he poured a bag filled with candy and chocolates into a bowl. He remembers seeing the animalistic expression on Eugene's face and the amount of disgust the girl had on hers.

The whole thing had the teen wanting to rip his bully's face off. But alas, that was Betty's job at the time, and she did a pretty good job of scaring him away.

Not only Flash had him worried about her though. It was the event that took place just two days ago at Betty's party. Madeline was so close to death by the hand of a mad man and Peter was afraid that she might be hiding her feelings and pretending that she was okay.

Madeline sticks a piece of sticky tape over the hanging bat she placed on the ceiling of the apartment. She climbs down the chair, marveling at her crafty decorations in the living room.

She places a hand on her waist, shrugging her shoulder.

"Not so bad if I do say so myself," she smiles over to Peter, who stands staring with his arms leaned on the counter in front of him. He seemed to be in deep thought, his eyes glazed over and looking over to the side.