Hopeless, head over heels in the moment - Chapter Five

Start from the beginning

And just a moment before I drifted off into my lullaby, I heard and felt Taylor sigh. All I could think about was his stress level. If he was stressed, how stressed? If not, why? Was he as stressed as I was and just... Not showing? All of this flowed through my mind as I drifted off into la la dream land.

The night was terrible! I don't remember getting from the plane, to home, but I know somehow I did. When I wasn't tossing, I was turning, when I was asleep I was have nightmares, when I wasn't having nightmares, I was awake! I couldn't take it for the next however many months I had left. Eight? I think that's what it was.

I woke up and wasn't able to take it anymore. Not the nightmares, not the stress, not the responsiblity! I wasn't ready for someone to call me mommy!

So I slithered from Taylors arms and blew him a kiss. Hurrying to get ready, there was only one obstical in my way! ...my cat. Changing my clothes, my cat was meowing at me. Tracking my purse, my cat was meowing. Slipping on my lucky cowboy boots, my cat was meowing. I picked up the delicate body in my hands and kissed the top of her head. "I'll be back soon, honey." I set her down and snuck out the door. I sat in my car wondering where to go. Who would take me to the doctors? I couldn't goto Julianne, she would convince me otherwise. Ashley and Jackson were out of town till tonight visiting her parents. Selena was an obvious no! I guess there was only one person left... Joe.

I took a deep breath and put the car into drive. I started backing up and driving down a way too firmiliar road. A place where just months ago, I called home... But hey, if he was with Julianne, he wouldn't want this baby and I could depend on that!

I swallowed hard when I reached the door step and all lights were on. My heart was beating extremly fast and I didn't even bother to check the time till now! Five am. Not really what I was expecting. Before I knew it my knuckles were boucing off the door and it opened!

Joe stood there, wide eyes. He took a deep breath. "Come in." He opened the door wider and I walked in, I hesitated to take my boots off. "It's fine, leave them on." He sighed and turned around, calling upstairs. "Julianne, I think its best you go."

She came hoping down the stairs, buttoning up one of Joes shirts. "But Joey Baby... Tay...!" She bit her lips and paused on the staircase. "It's not what you think!" She said as if him and I were still together and I have caught them cheating. It wasn't until then when I realized he had no shirt or pants on, just boxers.

I shrugged and sat down in the living room on the black leather couch, pulling a brown velvet blanket that we used to cuddle in, on top of myself. Julianne dashed for the door throwing on slippers and before I could blink she was long gone. "What's with that?" I asked Joe as he wallowed over. "Actually, before you answer, can you put on some clothes?" I asked.

He laughed, "ya, I'll be right back." He came back with sweats on but still no shirt. Whatever. "So whatcha here for?"

"You know... don't you?"

"Know what?"

I pointed at my stomache. "The reason I'm here. Julianne told you, didn't she?"

He sat down on the other side of the couch and covered himself with the blanket as well. "Are you sure its mine? It could easily be Taylor's."

"Its yours."

"How do know."

"Cause nothing has ever happened with Taylor."

"So it's true?" He asked confirming.

I nodded, "well, for a few more hours it is..."

"What do you mean?"