My eyes were laying on the figure in the dark shallow, my heavy heart beat filling the room. I could only concentrate on the aching pain which was coming from all over my body.

I get off the bed, walking to her. I come to a halt right in front of her. We were only a breath away from each other.

    I need to tell her.

     "Princess", I breathe out, breathlessly, trying to regain all my courage, but she was my courage. "I'm so fucking in love with her."

After saying it she still won't look up. I take a hold from her chin, finally forcing her to look up.

My eyes bored right in to her forest green orbs which were only portraying the warmth of guilt.

    "Let me rephrase this", she spoke her face now blank and emotionless. "You can't love me."

Her voice bounces in my mind, replaying it all over again and every time it's as if she's repeatedly stabbing a knife into my cold heart.

    "Why?", I ask my voice cracking in pain.

    "Because I'm not good for you!"

    "You are! You are everything I want, everything I need! I am the one who doesn't deserve you!", I stammer out, hopelessness on the tick chore of my voice.

She doesn't want me? It's only normal. I'm the beast, no one could or ever will love me.

     I'm not worthy of love.

    "Are you leaving me?", I ask, distress eating me alive.

    Please don't, I can't live without you.

     "I...", she stops for a second. "I need time."

Those words were enough to turn my whole world upside down.

     She really doesn't want me.

     "Okay", I sigh out.

I didn't feel anything anymore. My body was numb, so was my heart.

My mind felt blank, completely blank.

     "You're still my assistant so you still need to show up at work. You can still stay with me, but if you don't want it you can stay somewhere else."

My tone was cold and hard, but I didn't feel anything.

     "Faye, just forget what I said earlier if it bothers you. It's nothing."

A rancorous taste spread on my lips, all by the appellation of her name: Faye.

     "Yes, I didn't want to see you", I repeat, my hands dropping from holding her cheeks.

She didn't say anything back, her eyes overflowing with an ocean of tears.

A silence started to form between us. I wanted to cherish her, but she will never love a beast like me. It's only better for me to stay away from her.

     She finally breaks the silence.

    "D-don't you love me anymore?", she chokes on her tears.

The question completely takes me aback.

    "Of course I still do", I immediately blurt out. "I didn't want to see you, because I was afraid I couldn't hold myself in and you would hate me. I don't want you to leave me."