Oh.

I always forget her name. I thought her name was Stephanie or Sarah.

    "No, I don't have a relationship with her", I spoke a V forming between my brows. "Why'd you think that?"

Confusion is clearly written on my face.

"You slept with her, but you're saying that you don't have a relationship... OHW! Or is it as friends with benefits?", she states, thinking deeply.

"I-", she cuts me off before I could even say a word.

"I totally forgot it, you don't have friends so is it as... boss with benefits?"

Boss with benefits? I almost want to laugh at her naive self if it wasn't for me to be in shock with what she said.

"I slept with Steph-... Leah?", I ask, hurt tainted between my words.

"Everyone in the office knows about it. She even told it herself", she replies, not looking up to meet my burning hurt gaze.

I was lost for words. I needed a moment to place all my thoughts in order again.

    "Do you believe that?", I ask her, narrowing my eyes.

    "I-I...", she stops for a second, taking a deep breath before talking on a steady tone. "Yes, I do."

    My heart was shaking madly.

    "Why", the words only come out as a silent whisper.

Her big bewildered eyes look up, meeting my grey orbs.

    "After you went to the meeting with her you didn't come back home. You were away for the whole n-night", she stutters and for the first time I could hear her voice crack in sadness and vulnerability. Her eyes started to water, but she quickly masks it.

The thought of her sad makes my heart ache in pain, but seeing her break in front of me was something else... it was beyond words. The unbearable pain I felt was unknown and unable to put in words.

    "I didn't come home, because I didn't want to see you", I explain, going with my hand in my hair from all this frustrating shit.

"You d-didn't want to see me?", she breathes out, a tear escaping the corner of her eyes.

I quickly want to wipe her tear, but before my fingers can touch her skin she already pulls her head back in disgust.

     My heart breaks all over again.

I immediately cup her face into my hands, forcing her to look up. More tears escape her eyes, flowing over her cheeks covered with freckles. She looked up with her sad green eyes and a pink bright nose.

    "Yes, I didn't want to see you", I spoke, looking right in her eyes.

She closes her eyes tightly in disbelief as if she wanted to disappear from this world.

    "D-don't please", she pleads in full vulnerability. Her breathing started to become uneven and heavy as if she would pass out any second now.

    I was hurting her again.

Every single cell was shuddering in fury, all with me.

I had hurt the only important person in my life again. I had let her down again.

A flashback from her disgusted eyes are still haunting me.

     "No, you don't you must think that this is Love, but it's not", she abruptly snaps, standing in the obsidian of the room.