My heart stopped as he spoke those last three words. 'Future Mrs Lee'. I was no longer going to be a Butler. I was going to be a Lee. And I wasn't too sure how I felt about that. My head was dizzy trying to process the fact that from this moment on, my life was changing. I guess ever since I met Caspar my life had been changing.I would be leaving my past behind and joining a new future, a new family. 

Who knew that this gorgeous blonde South African would be my final path to take?

"God, don't. That's insane." I giggled, tucking my head further into the crook of Caspar's neck.

"Come on, you." He laughed, kissing the top of my head. "Let's go eat dinner."

-----------------------------------------------------

Christmas was perfect. I got to spend time with my family, got some amazing presents from my loved ones and I got engaged to the most perfect human being on the planet. Boxing Day was always strange. The atmosphere of Christmas was still around, but it wasn't the same. 

"We'll be back soon, don't worry. We've got a wedding to organise!" My Mother laughed as she gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek goodbye.

"So beautiful." She whispered, taking my hand and admiring the ring.

"It was nice to see you again Mum." I laughed, reciprocating the hug and then wiggling my fingers as she took ahold of my hand.

"My baby girl is all grown up." My Dad whispered, his hand cupping my cheek.

"Dad..." I began, my head tilting to the side. He quickly cut me off.

"Bye Summer-Berry." My Dad pressed a kiss to my cheek and engulfed me in a hug.

"Bye Daddy." I smiled into the hug.

My parents were going back home today, but Caspar's were staying for a few more days as their flight back to South Africa wasn't until after New Years. 

The door shut closed, leaving Caspar and I stood in the hall. I turned around and lent my head on his chest, his arms curling around my back as he chuckled. 

"I love you, Summer-Berry." He spoke, shaking his head at my Father's nickname for me.

"Shut up." I laughed, before kissing his chest. "But I love you too." 

Being inside Caspar's arms felt warm and safe. It felt like all the worries in my life, all of the loose thoughts in my head just vanished.

The calm contentment that I felt was soon disturbed by my phone buzzing in my pocket. I groaned into Caspar's torso before sliding my hand into the back pocket of my jeans and pressing 'answer'.

"Hello?" I asked as Caspar slowly slid away from me, leaving me alone to take the call.

"Summer?" A voice sniffled from the end of the line. "Is that you?"

"Er, yeah, it's me. Who's this?" I asked, leaning my back against the wall by the door.

"It's Liam." 

"Oh, Liam...er, hi." I spoke awkwardly.

Liam was the last person I expected to call on a day like this. Well, at all really.

"I'm really s-sorry to disturb you, I just didn't, I didn't know who else to talk to." He mumbled, his voice cracking.

"Liam, are you, are you crying?" I asked, a slight sense of pity running through my veins.

"Er, yeah I er, I, can I meet you somewhere? I just really need to talk to someone." 

Many thoughts ran through my mind, unsure of what decision I should be making.