Olympus

*Persephone*

"Wake up, my little sunflower."  My mother loomed over me. I could imagine she had stood there for ages already, just dreading having to wake me up on this dreadful day. For her, anyways. 

Sleepily I pulled myself out of bed, meeting her glaring eyes. "Stop it. You'll develop frown lines, mother. Wouldn't want that with all the men calling at your door." 

Somehow she manages to deepen her frown more. "Oh stop it, Persephone. After Poseidon's ridiculous advances I've given up on men entirely. All they do is waste your time and beg for you to lay on your back. It's absolutely-" 

I clear my throat in annoyance. "Can I dress in private? Please?" 

She saunters away, but pauses before closing my bedroom door. "Fine, but dress respectively. It's not often you'll be in your father's presence and I would like for him to be proud." 

I roll my eyes. "Why do you about a man's opinion? Little hypocritical after what you just said. I don't think he cares too much." I scavenge through my limited array of outfits. Pale pink this, pale yellow this, white dress, baby blue dress, blah, blah, blah. If I wasn't mistaken, I would swear I was a prude and not a married woman at all. 

I barely feel like one anymore...it's been so long since I was under the eye of my husband.

I dress in a yellow lace dress finally, and pin up my hair as I knew mother liked. The dress was my most revealing of the bunch, but the hair would make up for it in her eyes. My hair, according to her, is my biggest quality of seduction. Best to pin it up where it can't leave men's jaws dropping. Can't tempt them too much after all.

On the other hand, there is hope that I may see my husband today. I will likely not be able to speak to him, however, but seeing him would be nice...more than nice actually.

I seat myself, in front of my desk mirror, cupping my head in my hands. I remember when I returned initially from the Underworld, unable to recognize the reflection that I saw. A changed goddess. Gone from girl to woman in a matter of a month. Ginger hair gone to blood red. Tan, freckled skin, gone to a flawless pale complexion. A simple girl with simple wants...now things have become so complicated. Love complicates things I suppose. That's what they say. 

Did I just say love?

I shake my head. Ridiculous to speak too soon on that emotion. 

"Fifteen minutes!" Demeter shouts from the kitchen. "I suppose you're skipping breakfast at this rate." She lightly snaps. I can sense her worry growing immensely. She has little to worry about. She had demanded this meeting in the first place. She refuses to accept my claim of consummation and expects that her right as a mother will be enough to stop what Zeus approved. Meanwhile, I secretly hope she will be punished for her initial cruelty to the humans in her temper tantrum.

Despite all my feelings on this, I am attending in hope to see Hades. 

But how will I have the chance to speak to him? Communicate anything with him? I hope he doesn't believe I have forgotten him - or worse! Perhaps, he has gotten over me. He did not even say goodbye, after all. He is unlikely forgiving of my sudden departure. I chose the mortals over him. 

But I wouldn't feel like a worthy Goddess at all if I didn't make that choice, and if he doesn't love me for that...then I have misunderstood our connection.

Still, what if he doesn't show?

My eyes sting at the possibility. He wouldn't dare not attend. If he doesn't then the debate will be rather short, won't it? It would mean he doesn't want me anymore.