Unlikely Savior- Chapter 1

A/N:

Hello! So this is a really unoriginal phanfic as you guys probably assumed with the cheesy title, but I'm still writing it either way. I'm going to try and make this an angsty phic but I'm not good at angst so it'll probably come out like, 'Phil was sad so he cried. oops'. Yeah, but bear with me guys, okay? Now, here's chapter one of Unlikely Savior for you guys to enjoy!

~~~~

*Dan’s POV*

I walked down the halls with following behind and Emma clinging to my arm. Everyone shuffled out of the way and watched as the four of us made our way to class.

Everyone practically praised me in this school, me being one of the most wanted boys on these grounds. Every girl pretty much drooled when they laid their eyes on me, even some guys. In which case, if I ever caught a guy drooling over me, they’d be beat down in a matter of seconds with the help of Chris and PJ.

I mean, it wasn’t really my choice to be this irresistible, more of my parents fault. But, if everyone around loved my looks then I loved them as well.  

Yes, everyone wanted a piece of me but at the same time, everyone was afraid of me as well. The only way I gained control of this place was with my fists, beating anyone who didn’t obey my orders. It wasn’t like I wanted to, but how else would I have survived in that hell hole.

Ever since I first laid my knuckles onto some poor kids face, I’d been having everyone kissing up to my feet. I was pretty much the most popular kid in school, Chris and PJ following right after me on the list. Though, keeping up the reputation was quite annoying and really exhausting. Everybody expected me to hold up this whole macho man role, including my father. I never really enjoyed beating on kids, I don’t think anyone does, but that’s what it took.  That’s what it took to make people happy, making someone else sad.

The bell soon rang and everyone dashed to their designated classes for the first lesson. The four of us took our time heading to our classes. All the teachers kissed my ass in this school, even though I was on the verge of failing pretty much every subject. My mother was a sponsor for the place so if she happened to find out a teacher marked me badly on something, who knew what would happen.

As we strolled along the corridors I spotted a figure at the lockers, seeming to be taking books out of their locker. I squinted a bit and immediately recognized the figure as Phil Lester.

I turned to Chris and PJ and they seemed to know who the figure was as well. The four of us rushed over casually to his locker as I leaned on the locker next to his. Quickly, I slammed his locker shut and smirked at his terrified expression.  

“Hey Lester, have fun giving head yesterday?” I spat out causing the other three to break out into laughter as Phil looked down at the ground. I waited for Phil to reply to me, but like usual, he remained silent with his eyes fixed on the ground. “I asked you a question,” I glared at him and tapped my foot as I waited for a reply, but still no reply.

I glanced at the pile of books the boy held in his hand and grinned. “How do you read so many words, yet have none to say?” I shook my head before reaching out my hand and knocking the books out of his hands, sprawling them all over the tiled floor.

Chris, PJ, and Emma were crying from laughter by now and I chuckled lightly along. “Alright guys, let’s leave Lester to gather his words,” I waved my hand before starting off, the others following along. Right before I turned around the corner of the corridor I stopped and glanced back at Phil. “See you in class, freak,” the three of us laughed before continuing on and eventually splitting amongst our classes.

~~

I rushed into the classroom and took my seat in the back, Mr. Jones only giving a disapproving glance before continuing on with the lesson. Nearly a few minutes later, Phil ran in and tried to even out his heavy breathing as Mr. Jones stopped speaking and turned to face him. “Mr. Lester, do you want to explain why you’re late?” Mr. Jones spoke as he fixed their glasses.

Phil looked to the back of the room and glanced at me for only a second before looking back at the ground. “Sorry, I had a small accident in the hallway,” Phil mumbled as he played with the corner of one of his notebooks.

“Aww did little Philly make a spill?” I cooed across the room as the class erupted in laughter causing Phil to blush deeply. “Pipe down Mr. Howell!” Mr. Jones yelled before empathically looking at Phil, “Take a seat Phillip.”

Phil crossed to his usual seat in the back on the opposite side of the room from me. I smirked and began to doodle in my notebook, not paying attention as Mr. Jones got back to the lesson. That pretty much explained why I was almost failing every class, I never paid any attention.

As the bell rang and all the students dashed out the room, a few girls glancing at me and batting their lashes, I got up and began to gather my bag. I glanced at Phil to see he remained in his seat, probably waiting for me to leave so he could go to his next class more safely.

I snorted and shook my head before walking to the exit of the room where I saw Chris, PJ, and Emma all awaiting for me. I was just about to exit the room but Mr. Jones quickly stopped me by calling out my name. “May I speak to you Daniel?” he asked politely as I turned to the three waiting outside and gestured for them to not hold up for me.

I walked up to Mr. Jones’ desk and looked at him with raised eyebrows. “As you know, you’re at the risk of failing almost every subject,” Mr. Jones looked up at me from his book as I nodded. He smiled and glanced at Phil before looking back to me, “I think you need some tutoring and I think Mr. Lester would be the perfect option for you.”

I looked back at Phil with a stunned stare in which he reflected as well. “You two don’t seem to get along very well so I think this would be a good opportunity for the two of you to get to know each other and for you, Mr. Howell, to actually improve in class,” Mr. Jones spoke with certainty as if there was absolutely no way of me getting out of this.

“But Mr. Jo—” Phil was quickly interrupted as Mr. Jones lifted his hand to silence him. “No exceptions, Mr. Lester, as for you too, Dan,” Mr. Jones exclaimed with a serious expression.

Phil and I both glanced at one another before both letting out exaggerated grown simultaneously. Quickly, I shrugged and walked out the room, frowning the entire way to my next class. I didn’t want to be seen making any contact with the boy, unless it was taunting him, in the first place and now I was stuck getting tutored by him.

~~~~

So, I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of Unlikely Savior! I know the title doesn’t really make sense right now, unless this story is really predictable and you already guessed what it means, but you’ll understand as the story progresses. So, make sure to leave your feedback and thank you for reading!