2.144 "Bon Appétite"

Stefan and i were heading to the Armory. Stefan had picked me up on the way. 

He's a true life saver. 

His phone rang and i answered it for him putting it on speaker. 

Stefan " Salvatore Airlines, may I help you?"

Damon asked edgy " You think you're clever?"

Stefan"Wow. Considering the fact that I tracked down you, your pilot and your plan, all in a little bit of brotherly intuition, yes, Damon, as a matter of fact, I do."

I giggled. 

Damon"Have you forgotten that I'm running from a hunter, Stefan? I'm trying to get out of her way."

Stefan" Oh, come on. We both know that's not why you're getting on the plane."

Damon" You have no idea what I'm up to."

I scoffed " oh, come on, you're headed to Dallas to kidnap two innocent children. My nieces, by the way"

Damon "Or I'm headed to Dallas to speak to their father and talk some sense into him."

Me "  And if he says no?"

Damon snapped " Well, then, I will kidnap those two innocent children, because that's the right thing to do."

Me " No. The right thing to do is to let Caroline, their mother, decide what's best for them."

Damon"She's wrong, Adi."

Me " Well, it's her choice and I'm gonna let her make it. See ya."

I hung up and looked at Stefan "I think a part of your brother's brain is still a bit rotten"

He just chuckled. 

At the Armory's courtyard. 

I walked to Damon who had his back turned to me. 

Me "Caroline's bringing her kids, and we're gonna get inside, and then they leave"

Damon turned to me smirking"What happened to you, hmm? I heard what you did yesterday. You had a breakthrough. You pulled a Damon. You made the right choice, to hell with the consequences.  I sent out a press release. And now you pull a Stefan by doing the right choice with your little nieces. What the hell, girl?"

I asked irritated "What the fuck do you want from me, man? hm? I was protecting Caroline. My sister. Something you will never be able to do with Stefan"

Damon tensed.

Me "you know, I've been wondering for three years why you put yourself down. Why you would do such a thing. I mean, i thought i knew you, i mean, i guess you learn to know someone within 160 years but then it hit me. That night that you put yourself down, it wasn't because you loved Elena. It was because you were afraid if you didn't, you would do something terrible, and you would lose her forever. And that fear, that fear was so powerful that it overrode any love that you felt for me or Stefan or anybody else."

Damon shook his head " It wasn't about you, Adi."

I nodded "Oh, it had absolutely everything to do with me. No. I looked you in the eyes, Damon, and I begged you to stay. And you turned your back on me like it was nothing. And I thought about that yesterday, when I "pulled a Damon." And I realized...I never want to be that person. I refuse to be ruled by fear. I refuse to be you."

I took a sip of his flask and saw Caroline, Ric and the kids standing by the front door "they're here."

I felt an arm around me and smiled a little.