2.4 "I Never Played You"

Next day

Next day. Quarry.

Stefan wanted to drop Silas' body into the quarry. Meaning, he had to be here somewhere. I feel so stupid, believe me. 

Liz " I know I said I'd help you find your brother, but I can't dredge this entire quarry. It's enormous."

I snapped"you could try"

Damon put a hand on my shoulder and looked at Liz "what she's trying to say that we are aware of that. I mean, clearly, that's why we wanted to dump Silas' body, here — because it's big and deep and no one would find him. Now, say I'm Silas, and I wanna take over my doppelgänger's life. Why wouldn't I dump him in a place that's big and deep, where no one would find him?"

She sighed"I already agreed to hold off on telling anyone about the Mayor's death until you figured this all out, but I can't devote those kinds of resources to finding one person who may or may not be down there. "

Me "But it's a place to start. And if Stefan's down there, that means he's been drowning over and over again all summer, while I've been happily playing house with an 2000 years old immortal guy who is his doppelgänger, by the way. Do I need to further elaborate the source of my urgency? "

She nodded "I'll get some deputies on it."

I smiled "thanks, Liz"

Then she walked away.

Damon's phone started to ring and he answered " Please tell me you found her."

Jeremy "I didn't...but Matt did."

Damon "Huh. How shockingly...useful."

Jeremy "She was mid-cat-fight with some lady who maced her. We think Silas might have mind-controlled himself some new friends."

Damon raised an eyebrow "How exactly did the Gilbert-Donovan brain trust put all that together? Never mind, it doesn't matter. Just hide her. If Silas wants her bad enough to sic the whole town on her, that means we want her more. Stay out of sight. You were the last person who Silas saw her with."