2.65 Caroline

Next day

Next day. 

Elena was at Whitmore searching for Caroline. Stefan ad i were at her house searching for any signs of her. 

I had Elena on speaker.

Elena " It's like she never lived here.  How's her house? "

Stefan and i looked around. 

all of the furniture and decorations were gone.

Stefan "Totally empty, Caroline took everything but the damn doors off the hinges."

Elena"So what? She just flips her humanity switch, came back to the dorm, took all of her clothes---- and thank you notes-- -- and just left town? I mean, that makes no sense."

I raised an eyebrow "You do remember that you burned your house down, right?"

Elena "Do you think she's trying to cut off all ties to her past?"

I snapped " I certainly don't think she's having a yard sale, Elena."

Elena " Okay, why are you getting mad at me? I'm not the one who did this."

I sighed frustrated"I know. I'm sorry."

Elena "Okay, look. I'm just gonna look around campus, maybe someone's seen her just let me know if you find anything, okay?"

Stefan nodded  " Alright. We will."

I hung up. 

Stefan"What was that?"

Me "what?"

Stefan "You aren't mad at Caroline or at Elena. You are mad at yourself. Why?"

I sighed "I was there, Stefan, and i didn't do anything"

Stefan sighed "you did your best"

Me "You promised me that i won't lose her, remember? well, looks like you couldn't keep that promise"

Stefan shook his head and put his hands on my shoulders "I am going to keep that promise. We are going to bring her back, okay?"

I looked him into the eyes and nodded.