2.61 "ASAP"

Next day

Next day. Bill Forbes' Cabin. 

Caroline and i were at her dad's cabin. We ere getting some tings ready. Caroline wants that her mother spends her last days here. And i agreed to help er to make everything perfect. And Jeremy's leaving for art school. 

Caroline" If you really think about it, Jeremy leaving is for the best. I'm sure everything around him reminds him of Bonnie, and Elena's always wanted to protect him from vampire drama. Granted, he is going to art school, where the percentage rate for a well-paying job is one of the lowest in the country, but I really am happy for him."

I looked around " Do you think you packed enough?"

Caroline" The whole point of this is for my mom to live out the rest of her time here in a relaxed and peaceful environment surrounded by the things that she loves, like photo albums and board games."

I grabbed a book " "The anthology of Shakespeare," volumes one through 12."

Caroline"All the books that she's never gotten around to reading."

My phone started to vibrate. 

I grabbed it "yes?"

Liz "hey, Adelaide, how are you two ?"

Caroline grabbed my phone and put Liz on speaker " Are you going behind my back for information?"

Liz"I forget what a lovely voice you have, Adelaide."

Caroline" Why are you calling her?"

Me "you sound as if that was a bad thing"

Liz"You snuck out of the house this morning with so much as a hello. I may be a retired sheriff, but I am still a mother. What are you up to?"

Caroline"If I told you, it would ruin the surprise. "

Liz"At least tell me if Adelaide is there voluntarily or against his will."

Me "She kidnapped me and said if i don't help she'd set my hair on fire in my sleep"

Liz chuckled.

Caroline fake smiled " Neither. She's here because you asked her to look after me."

Liz"Sweetheart, that's not true."

Caroline"Mom, I heard you talking to her and Stefan in the hospital. You asked them to look after me and make me smile and help me move on with my life after you're gone."

Liz" I'm sure that's not the only reason she's there."

i nodded "True"

Caroline"Mom, look. It's ok. Needed an extra set of hands, anyway. I will call you in 3 hours with all the details. Until then, no cheating. I love you. "

--

I was sitting outside on a bench.