2.15 "My Way"

Next day

Next day. Home.

I walked downstairs into the living room and saw Kat writing down in a diary with a slightly irritated look on her face.

Katherine "" Dear diary, so here I am alive. Stefan saved me from killing myself. Now he's got me on suicide watch. He says it would be therapeutic for me to write down my feelings about the fact that I'm dying and there's nothing I can do about it. Deep thoughts, mortal coil, blah blah blah. My hand's tired.""

She teared the page out from the diary, crushed it and threw it behind her. Stefan was pacing in front of her in the same room.

Katherine breathed in  " What kind of sentimental idiot writes down everything they feel? Is this what the prophecy meant when it said that all the doppelgängers were drawn together like magnets? Because if it is, I want my money back."

Stefan " I'm just trying to make sure you don't slit your wrists."

I asked confused "what'd be so wrong about that?"

They turned to me and i sat down in the armchair.

Katherine  " Well, this whole neurotic granny vibe, doesn't exactly make me want to live. Do you really have nothing better to do than stand there all day and watch me write in cursive? You could maybe sort things out with my sister. "

Stefan " I'm trying to make sure you don't kill yourself. And i'm doing that for her, besides that,  my relationship with your sister is none of your concern"

Katherine scowled at him. 

I smiled happily.

Katherine raised an eyebrow " And how are you going to do that? You know, since you're still having your little panic attacks?"

Stefan pressed out "I'm fine."

I scoffed.

Katherine nodded  " Yeah. Of course. You are the picture of mental health, Stefan, after being locked for three months in a safe, at the bottom of a quarry."

Stefan " I am dealing with it."

I shook my head, amused " Oh, i know how you're dealing with it. Like this morning, it sounded like you freaked out and  broke the bathroom mirror and the chair we had in there. "

He rolled his eyes. 

Me "How are you supposed to help someone else of you can't even help yourself ?"

Stefan "so, you're going to help me?"

I nodded "of course i am, Stefan"

Stefan gave me a soft smile. 

Katherine "And i'm going to help too"

I shot her a look "I've got it covered. "

There was a knock at the door.