Chapter 51

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

As Jace , Clary and I sprint to Lake Lyn and ran away from Malachi's army. We stopped as we arrived. I looked around and saw no one around.

"Are we too late?" Clary asked us.

"No. No if he'd raise the angel, we'd know it. We beat him here. We can stop him."I tell her smiling. Jace agreed.

"yea we can stop him." Jace says.

She sighs in relief as Jace turns before grunting. I looked up and saw valentine holding him up. My eyes drifted to the knife that was placed in Jace's chest.

"I'm sorry son. I had to." Valentine says.

He put Jace down carefully on the ground and pulled the knife out. Clary and I gasped and was shocked of what just happened.Clary and I raced over to Jace's side. Clary was crying.

"I'm so sorry , clary, Kayla take care of Alec, and I'm sorry for everything." Jace breathes out.

"Hey save your breath, your going to be just fine. you're not dying on us Jace, I will kick you ass." I tell him tearing up.

"Don't say anything, you need your strength." Clary says crying. Jace starts closing his eyes

"No Jace don't close your eyes stay with us !" I tell him.

"Hey no don't close your eyes Jace!" clary cries out.

I watched Jace head went to the side. tears came out of my eyes.

" Clarissa I am sorry but the both of your together are dangerous, and you Kayla thinking you could defeat me, well your not getting in my way again." he said before hitting me knocking me out.

I woke up and saw that I was in shackles. I look over to my side and see Clary also waking up. I looked passed her and saw Jace's body. My attention was brought back to valentine who grabbed the mortal cup and the sword while walking into the water.

"Stop!" clary and I both yelled making him look back.

"Oh good you're awake, Just in time to see history being made and there's nothing you can do to stop this Kayla." he says 

"You killed Jace how could you?" Clary asks

"I'm sure he would've stopped me if I didn't. I loved that boy like I loved Jocelyn. See, their deaths were necessary sacrifices, if I am gonna save humanity. And you'll be dead soon enough Kayla. After there are no more downworlders there will be no use for you." Valentine tells us.

He put the cup and the sword in the water. 

"Raziel hear me!, I call upon the mortal instruments and summon you into this mortal realm." he says. A light appears from the water. It was Raziel.

"Your stele." clary whispered to me. I remembered I still had my stele in my holster. I grabbed it and used it, and crawled over to clary to use it on her.