Chapter 50

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

Alec, Jace, Izzy, Clary and I were huddling around the table as a map of New York appeared in 3D.

"Anything new?" I asked them

" Jace and I tried tracking him together, like we did with Jonathan, but for some reason it didn't work." Clary explained.

"Magnus' wards are still up, Valentine must sill be in the city." Jace said making Izzy sigh in relief.

"Thank the angel for Magnus and warlocks." Izzy said.

"Well, they didn't raise the wards for us." Alec said to his sister.

"Teams are out doing block by block sweeps throughout the city. We'll find him." I informed them.  Suddenly the alarms started blaring.

"Aerial sensors." Alec called out as we went to the monitors.

"Is it valentine?" Clary asked.

"No. could be some kind of wrath demon." I told her.

The five of us ran to the city to try and stop this thing. As we got onto the road we saw nothing there.

"Where is it?" Jace asked.

" It should be right on top of us." Alec said before we heard a screech. Alec and I pulled our bow and arrows out ready to fire, the demon flew behind the building.

"What was that?" clary asked.

"I've never seen a demon like that." I commented.

"On your six." Jace said Alec and I shot an arrow but missed it by a little.

"can you see it?" Izzy asked.

"What the hell is it waiting for?" clary asked us.

" Its coming around for another pass."I said. before the demon was flying straight for us. Alec and I shot our arrow right at the demon  as soon as it got close enough to us making it disappear. But looking down at the ground I see little demons crawl around the city.

"They're splitting up." I said.

We walked away from the scene, I happened to turn around and see clary on the phone.

" At least four demons are unaccounted for. Notify all available personnel." Alec says to Izzy.

" Whats wrong is everything ok?" Jace asks clary.

"That was Luke, valentines on his way to Idris." Clary says and I look over at Alec.

"What?"

" how?"

He made a deal with the seelie queen. Luke warned all the other down world leaders." Clary said.

"Damn valentine." Jace says.