Chapter 32

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

Clary , Izzy and I dressed in white dresses and we walked up on a bridge which led down to the water.

"Clary you can't do this."Izzy tells her.

"Why not?" she asks Izzy as we stop on the bridge.

"You heard her. it's dangerous." Izzy tells her giving her a stern look. I just turn to the sister.

"I'll go first then." I tell her and she nods and I go in the water.

"Ignis aurum probat." cleophas speak and the water begins to sparkle

"Kayla Branwell you are deemed clear of any demonic impurities ." she told me and I get out of the water. I go to stand back on the bridge and clary goes in next.

"We knew you would be pure." a sister whispers to me and I just nod. Clary was deemed pure too and she got out of the water.Izzy was last and goes in but the water starts to go dark.

"Izzy no!" I yell and go in the water and help pull her out .

"You are tainted with demonic impurities Isabelle."A sister tells her.

"I'm sorry Isabelle we can not let you in the citadel." Cleophas tells her making Izzy sigh and almost cry.

"There has to be a mistake. She had a demon wound, maybe the water reacted to it. But she's fine now she's healed."I tell them trying to defend her.

"You can leave if you desire." Magdalena says to us.

"No. You two go ahead. We need answers." she tells us and I try to Object but she insists I go.I hug her and we go put our normal clothes back on and me and clary go inside.

"Sister cleophas, we don't want to scare you but we are worried, it's Luke ." clary says.

"Lucian?" she questions and we nod. Clary goes on to explain whats happened to him about him  disappearing and Cleophas says he's in some kind of danger.

"Long ago, the Angel Raziel bestowed the mortal instruments to the first shadow hunter. Among them was the soul-word. It's primary purpose is to compel the truth, but it has a secondary purpose. If ever the day where shadow hunter fail in their holy mission, and demons overtook the world. As a last resort, the sword could be activated with angelic energy releasing heavenly light that will destroy demon-blooded creature in its path." she explains to us.

"demon- blooded creatures does that mean.." I say and she cuts me off.

"downworlders. yes " cleophas says, and we all walk outside.

"The sword needs angelic energy.?" clary asks her.

"To activate the sword, it must be wielded by an angelic being , and struck by a lightning bolt." cleophas explains to us.

"Then it's capable of mass murder. Of killing our friends, our family. If Valentine does activate the sword how do we turn it off?" I ask her and she just looks at me.