chapter 10

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

I woke up and I see I'm curled up next to Alec. I smile and kiss him quickly before getting up and going to the bathroom to wash up.i look in the mirror and see I have a black eye and a busted lip still. I just sigh. I guess I must've been deep in thought, because I didn't even notice  Alec come up behind me.He pulls me out of my thoughts when he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my head.

" stop worrying about the bruises babe, just think of them as battle scars." he says chuckling and I giggle and turn so I am facing him.

" heh yea , battle scars."I say looking down

" im serious, just don't let them get to you." Alec tells me and I just smile.

" I love you. you know that." he also tells me and that makes me blush.

" Yes and I love you too, you ready for the craziness to start all over again?" I ask him.

"don't remind me ." he says rolling his eyes and I just laugh.

" let's go see what craziness today brings." I tell him and give him a kiss.He instantly kisses back and I smile into the kiss.

" I'm going to change and I will see you out there." Alec tells me and I nod and give him another kiss before he walks out of the room. I decide to take a shower and then change into:

once I was done I headed to the front of the institute where I saw Alec looking at the security cameras and Jace and clary talking about the cup

once I was done I headed to the front of the institute where I saw Alec looking at the security cameras and Jace and clary talking about the cup. Izzy walks over to me.

" hey Kayla you feeling ok?" she asks and I nod.

" uh yea I'm feeling much better." I tell her.

" thats good but watch this." she says smirking and she pulls out her whip and grabs the cup from clary.

" there is nothing a shadow hunter can't do in heels." Izzy says to me as me and her walk down the stairs and over to clary and Jace.  Jace ends up walking over to Alec.

"Alec what are you doing ? you can stare at the monitor all you want, but they need angel blood to get past these wards. no down worlders can come into the institute." Jace says to his parabati. clary had put the cup back into the card.