chapter 1

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

'I hate wearing tight dresses' I thought to myself looking in the mirror. Izzy always makes me wear these type of dresses for missions. oh my bad. I'm Kayla Branwell I am 19 years old and have been a shadow hunter practically my entire life. My parents died when I was 7 years old sadly, but I won't get into that right now.Mine and Alec and Izzy's parents were very close, like me Izzy ,Alec and Jace are,so they promised in the event something was to happen to them the other would take care of the children. The lightwoods took me in and I have been raised with them along with jace ever since.  My life is going really well right now, or so I thought.

"Izzy are you sure I look ok?" I ask walking out of the closet pulling down the dress.

" Kayla you look amazing as always, I don't know why you don't like wearing them." she says coming up to me in a white two piece outfit.

" I just don't ok but its for the mission so I wear them." I tell her and she smiles.

" so you gonna wear the wig tonight ?" she asks holding up her white wig.

" uh not tonight , besides the white doesn't go with my dress." I tell her getting my stuff.

" it's platinum Kayla ." she says rolling her eyes but laughing. I start laughing with her and we walk into the hallway.

" my bad Izzy." I tell her before we bump into Alec in the hallway.

" hey Alec." I tell him and I give him a hug which he returns and kisses my forehead, and turns to look at Izzy.

"Really Izzy whats with the wig?" Alec asks and as we walk down the hall to the front, and he grabs my hand.

" what can I say, demons dig blondes." she says a I stifle a laugh.

" of course they do but thats white."he points out to her.

" she says it's platinum." I tell him giggling, and Izzy rolls her eyes.

"and they don't exactly like Shakespeare , ok Alec." Izzy tells him and he scoffs.