Chapter 18

Alec's POV

Alec's POV

After I left the room where the girls was I went to go meet Jace in one of the training rooms. He was there when I got to the room. When I get there I see him and clary staring at a woman floating in a green thing. I'm guessing that it is clary's mother. When Jace turned around and saw me walk in he excused himself and came over to me.

" Clary gave Lydia the cup. Hodge is taking her to lock it up until she goes back to Idris." Jace tells me and I just nod 

" ok." I say

" okay? that's it , Alec?" Jace asks.

"I don't want to get into it." I say and go to walk away but Jace stops me.

"Stop I do want to get into it. You almost killed me. You weakened our parabati bond just to find me."  he tells me.

" You betrayed me. you lied to me. You attacked me when I was doing what we should've been together." I told him.

" I didn't betray you Alec, I saved you from yourself. If you'd have taken meliorn to be tortured, you would have that on your conscience for the rest of your life." Jace says to me and I scoff.

"really?" I ask him.

" really." Jace says

"Everything you do is for a higher principle. You took the cup, and nearly handed it over to valentine." I tell him

" that wasn't our intention. you know that."  jace says 

" our intention? was it your intention to risk Kayla and Izzy's life for hers? This isn't about clary. This is about you now. Now, I am gonna go tell my sister and fiancé ... that they still have a future." I tell him, and start walking away back to the room where Kayla and Izzy were.

Kayla's POV

Izzy and I were still sitting in the room waiting for some kind of news. Magnus had come in by this point and was just waiting with us. Soon enough Alec came back into the room, with a smile on his face.

" Jace said that clary gave the cup to Lydia, so you both are free to go." Alec says and I smile and stand up and Izzy and I hug each other tightly .

" see Iz I told you we would get through this."  I tell her smiling. We release and I give her and Alec some space and I go to hug Magnus and thank him for helping out. We break our hug and Izzy goes to hug him to and I look over at Alec and he comes and hugs me tightly.

" I am so glad this is over." he says and I agree.

" I love you Alec." I say and he kisses me .

" I love you too." he says back.  We turn back to Izzy and Magnus.

" well my work here is done,Walk me out you two, will you? We have some business to settle." Magnus tells us and we look back at Izzy.

"Go. I'll be fine." she says and I hug her after Alec does and we go to follow Magnus out. I go to my room and go to the desk and grab a wedding invitation and walk back out to where Alec and Magnus are. I hand Magnus the invite.