Chapter 41

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

"Looks like Azazel is heading south. We've just recovered four dead mundanes with his signature MO." Alec says to Jace as we stand around a table. It's the next day and we still have had no luck with Izzy.

"Okay. Lets go."Jace says about to walk off but was stopped by someone.

"To catch a greater demon you summoned to the institute, defying all protocol and common sense." Imogen asked Jace.

"Don't put this all on Jace. I had part in this too." Alec said to her, then Jace hit my arm.

"Ow! yea we all did." I tell her glaring at Jace.

"Look, if you want to bench your best fighter with a greater demon on the loose, I'm happy to oblige."Jace said.

"No, we first vanquish Azazel , then I'll decide what to do with you." Imogen told him.

"Oh and Jace." she begins.

"yes ma'am." he says.

"Our best fighter, wouldn't have been sitting out, because Kayla didn't do anything wrong." she says before walking off, and I burst out laughing along with Alec.

"oh be quiet ." he says as we continue to talk about a plan.

"Azazel's attacks go as far south as the Meatpacking District, and then the trail runs cold."Alec explains to us.

"It's no use tracking the dead bodies, with his ability to dematerialize, he could be anywhere." I tell them.

"Maybe we can help." Izzy says as she walks towards us with a random guy.

"Izzy! I've missed you so much you scared the crap out of me, I get back and your not here, where have you been?" I say running over to hug her tightly . She hugs back just as tight.

"I'm sorry kay, I missed you too, but I have also been out looking for Azazel. This is Sebastian Verlac,from the London institute, When the demon came after me, Sebastian saved my life." Izzy explains to us.

"Oh I simply lent a hand." Sebastian said. The guys kinda just stare at him so I speak up first.

"Well thank you for saving her, I am thankful for it." I tell him.

"Sebastian is an expert on all things Azazel." Izzy says.

"When I studied abroad at the Paris institute, I specialized in Greater Demons."He says.

"Thanks for saving my sister, I'm Alec." Alec tells him.

"Hey, yea thanks I am Jace." Jace tells him and I turn to Sebastian.

"Im Kayla." I say to him and thank him again.

"Pleasure to meet you Kayla, I know all about you and your kind." he says kissing my hand. Weird.