Chapter 12

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

Izzy and I enter the basement when we do they all turn to look at us and then back at Simon. We go and stand at the other end of the table near jace.

" the sun is setting have you decided ?" Raphael asks clary, and we all look at her.

She shakes her head. with that Raphael grabs a bag that has blood, a stake and a shovel in it and jace grabs Simon and we leave and head to the cemetery. once we get there we see Camille. I pull out my bow and arrows and Izzy and Jace pull out their blades.

"what do you want?" clary asks.

" I want my property back." Camille says like the cold heart women she is.

"Simon is not your property." clary says becoming defensive over her best friend.

"if you hand him over, I'll be on my way." Camille says and I step in.

" you heard clary he's not going anywhere with you." I tell her.

" fine. I tried to do it the nice way." she says and then snaps her fingers.then a small vampire army appears, obviously Camille's puppets.

"jace." clary said very scarred.

"im glad you brought everyone here to witness your demise. Camille killed this mundane. Now, I have all the proof. she's been breaking the accords for way too long. here is the evidence we need to show the clave what Camille has been doing." Raphael says to the other vampires.

"are you trying to overthrow me?" she says chuckling.

"no I already have." he says 

" don't listen to him. he doesn't know the first thing about leading. you need me. I've given you everything you want. all the riches and all the pleasure you desire." she says after the vampires come at her causing them to stop.

"by breaking the law. which will destroy us. we can fix this." Raphael says trying to get them on his side.

"if we just get rid of the body. this mundane means nothing." Camille says setting clary off.

"means nothing. over my dead body ." clary says walking over to Camille. when she is close enough punches her. Izzy and I start laughing our butts off.

The vampires start surrounding Camille. Raphael calms them down and sends them away. He turns back to clary.

" clary... it's time what will it be?" Raphael asks clary holding a shovel in one hand and a stake in the other. She looks back at us and turns back around. she takes the shovel and walks forward  some . she proceeds to dig it in the ground.

After digging the grave she sits next to Simon before we bury him. After talking to him for a bit she looks at Raphael and nods. He comes to put Simon in the grave while clary comes over to where Jace Izzy and I are. Once Raphael puts him in the ground clary grabs the shovel and starts putting the dirt back. Once she is done she comes back over to us and breaks down crying.Jace  goes to comfort her.