Chapter 11

Recap:

Recap:

" That reaction time was abysmal, except for you two, but I would expect nothing less." she says looking at both me and Alec.

" hello little sister." Lydia says to me.

Kayla's POV

I looked back at Lydia to see she has changed a lot. I look to Alec and he gives me a small smile and then I turn back to face Lydia.

"Hi lydia. Nice to see you again." I tell her giving her a very small smile.

" you too Kayla, you've matured a lot since the last time I saw you, though I wish it was under better circumstances." she explains and come over to give me hug.

" Maryse , the clave has ordered me to take temporary control of this institute." Lydia says as soon as she saw Maryse and Izzy, walking towards us.

" wait nobody informed us." maryse started to protest but Lydia cut her off. she does that a lot .

" the clave doesn't need to, and to repeat myself it is temporary. Nothing has been decided yet. But I do need full clearance to assess how this institute is running. Where is clary Fairchild?" she said and looked around once she asked where clary was. Everyone stood silently not uttering a word.

" I would hope someone here knows." Lydia says.

"she's in the field training." I tell her.

" you're telling me she's just...out and about in the streets of New York? Valentines daughter?" Lydia questions

" Isn't she your cousin?" Izzy questions, and that sparks my interest.

" Wait what?"I questioned clearly confused by what I was just hearing. Lydia looks over at me and then turns back to Izzy ignoring my question.

" distant cousins ." she tells Izzy.

" she's with jace." Alec adds in.

"The same Jace Wayland who decided to lead an unsanctioned raid against the vampires? I've read reports."Lydia states. I try not to roll my eyes at her

"Jace might be unconventional , but he is our best soldier. If he's with clary, then she is in good hands." maryse says following Lydia around.

" I hope so. and for your sake, , all of New York, , all your jurisdiction better be well protected." Lydia states.

After that she went to off to do other things. Me, Alec ,and Izzy walked around making sure things were running smoothly. Also to see if there were any missions.

"Im not a fan." Izzy says to me and Alec as we walk into my room.

" you and me both ." I say as we sit down on my bed.

"did you know she was coming?" Alec asked me.

" nope, we're not exactly close enough for her to keep in touch and be like 'hey! I'll be coming to the institute soon can't wait to see you!' ."I say sighing.