Chapter 28

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

I was just sitting there waiting for something, anything to happen, but nothing happened.  I just wish there was something that I could do to pull him out of this state. It hurts me to see him like this.  If he dies, I will lose apart of myself. All I could do was hold his hand.

" I love you Alec, you need to fight this, come back to us, to me." I whisper in his ear, and then kiss his forehead. Magnus comes in the room and sit on the couch opposite of us.

"Kayla, how you holding up?" He asks and I just look up at him.

"  as best as I can." I tell him still looking at Alec. 

" Heh it's funny,  Growing up when I first met Alec I thought he didn't like me, but I was best friends with Izzy so I didn't really care. But when I  found out that the lightwoods were taking me in after my parents died, Alec was always by my side for the longest time, we got really close, and then we went through a stage where he was always picking on me and we would pull pranks on each other," I say laughing a little bit and Magnus chuckles.

" I never understood why he picked on me, until we argued one day and I asked him why he did it and thats when he admitted he liked me. Heh then it took him a couple months to ask me out, and we've been together ever since, and he has become one of the most important people in my life" I continue on, and Magnus just sits there nodding.

" Sounds like you two always had a thing for each other, but seeing you grow up kay , everyone always knew that you and Alec would end up together." Magnus says.

" I can't lose him Magnus, I've lost a lot of people in my life and I cannot lose him." I say tearing up again and Magnus comes over to give me a hug.

" Hey Alec is strong, he's going to get through this." he tells me. We're still hugging when Izzy and clary walk in.  Izzy instantly comes over to me and hugs me.

" Izzy Magnus has tried everything, I don't know what to do anymore." I cry into her shoulder, and we hug each other tight.

" Hey, hey he is gonna be alright , He always is. He is not dead. But if he was talking now, I recon he would say ' don't worry about me I'm fine.'" clary says to us, we both just look at her and turn back to Magnus.  

"He can't last much longer guys." Magnus tells us.I go back to sit next to Alec.

"Is there anything else you can do?" Izzy and I ask him.

"Sorry kay, but the only thing that can save him now is if Jace gets here in time." Magnus tells us.

"Then we'll have to find him ourselves." Izzy says and next thing we know Jace walks in the room.

"Alec." Jace said as he walked closer to Alec.Magnus gave the stone to Jace. He went up to Alec opposite of where I sat with him. Jace placed the stone in his and Alec's hands, the stone started glowing yellow.