Chapter 15

Recap :

Recap :

" we don't have a choice Kayla." Alec says and I scoff.

"we always have a choice Alec." I tell him and Izzy Jace and I walk off to her room. I thought Alec would understand that this is wrong, but I guess not. what are we going to do.

Kayla's POV

We just got to Izzy's room, and we all come up with a plan, but it requires getting the cup. We call Magnus telling him we need his help. he says he will be at the institute shortly. Not long after we go into one the training rooms.

" Alec says they don't have a choice , well neither do we." jace says to us, and then goes to tell Magnus including the conversation that we had with Lydia and Alec.

"let me get this straight, you need Alec's stele to open the safe and you want me to steal it from him?" Magnus questions us.

"we prefer the word 'borrowed' " I say.

" without his knowledge ." Izzy adds in.

"nope no can do. not happening, Kayla you do it." Magnus says walking away but we stop him.

" Magnus ever since Alec found out about his parents being in the circle, he's been messed up , he's not seeing the big picture." jace explains to him.

"If the clave is willing to subject meliorn to the silent brothers, if they are willing to go this far.... imagine what would happen if they get the cup." Izzy explains, and Magnus still seems hesitant and I step in.

"Magnus this affects everyone and trust me I don't want anyone getting hurt, Help us get into the safe, help us stop this . please." I tell him and he sighs.

"you three are going to owe me...I'm talking 14th century. Gold, rubies, .... definitely diamonds. and Alec can never know." Magnus says and we all agree.

"thats a given." jace says and we all nod, Magnus then looks over at me.

" Kayla are you sure about this, you would have the most to lose." Magnus asks me, and they all turn to look at me. I just take a deep breath.

" look, I love Alec, but this is gone too far, I don't want any one getting hurt, it's what needs to be done." I say and Magnus smiles at me.

" you are so much like your mother and father, that's why the down worlders liked them, they really cared for us and protected us."he says and I smile back at him.

" alright but if we do this... there is no turning back ." Magnus tells us.

Me,Izzy , and Jace all look at each other and smirk. this is actually happening, we're going to save meliorn.

After a little while......

Jace and I head to the training room. He kneels down towards the safe while I keep a look out. Soon enough Alec's stele appears in his hands and he uses it to open the safe and grabs the card and the necklace and closes the safe back up. he texts Magnus that its done and he portals it back to where it was.