Chapter 33

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

I was walking with Clary through the institute but we stopped when we heard this distorted screaming. When the screaming stopped Clary and I looked at each other.

"what just happened?" I asked clary who looked surprised.

"I have no idea." she whispered. We looked around at everyone in the institute and saw that they were fine. 

"Hey did you hear that?" clary asked a woman walking by.

" hear what?" she asked confused.

"That sound just now." she said slowly to her.

" What sound? I didn't hear anything." the lady told us with a soft smile.

"Never mind then." I tell her with a smile. Then the woman left. Clary and I look at each other with confusion on our faces. We part ways and I go to mine and Alec's room.

Later on Magnus decided that Alec and I should go somewhere we like so he portaged us to a sushi restaurant in Tokyo and we went shopping. Once we were done we called Magnus and told him we were finished, we went through the portal and found ourselves back in Magnus' loft.

"I mean how would they feel?" Alec asked with a smile on his face.

"Well, I'm glad you didn't ask in front of the sushi chef." I laughed as we put our bags down in the lounge area.

"Well, seriously, why do they call it fatty tuna? I mean, that's a little degrading." Alec said and I just laughed.

" Hmm, well I don't this obese tuna sounds any better." I said laughing as I put a pot down on the table.

"You know, as much as I love Tokyo and Prague ,a bacon burger from the east village isn't that bad." Alec comments and I giggle.

"Your right there babe." I say smiling.Alec then turns towards me.

"I got you something." he tells me.

" Alec you didn't have to get me anything." I tell him.

"Well I wanted to, so open it." he says passing me a bag. I grabbed what was inside and saw it was a red good luck charm type thing. 

"It's supposed to bring you good luck and protection."Alec says and I smile up at him.

" well thank you but I got you something too." I tell him reaching for the box and handing it to him.

" You sneaky girl." he says laughing and goes to open the box. He smiles at what's inside.

" You got me dog tags with our initials and two dates on them, I love them but why two dates? ." he says putting them on and I smile.

"Yea theres two dates, one is the date you asked me to be your girlfriend and the other is the day we got married." I explain to him and he keeps smiling. He comes over to me and wraps his arms around my waist bringing me closer to him and I wrap my arms around his neck.