Chapter 42

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

"Madam Inquisitor I hear you put in a request to have valentine executed." I said as I walk up to her near the elevator.

"unfortunately the clave had denied that request. But they don't understand, Valentine will never tell us where the cup is. It's time to take matters into our own hands." Imogen says once we reached the cell block.

"You'r gonna execute him right here at the institute?" I asked her. I quickly pulled out my phone and texted Alec.

"I disabled the security system." Imogen stated.

"That's not protocol -"

"Ms. Branwell, either help or go, The choice is yours, and I would for sure thought you would be on board since he is the reason your parents are dead and your unborn child." she said. Ouch, way to rub salt in my wound. She opened the door, and saw valentine sitting on the bed. "put him in the chair." Alec ran down the stairs over to us.

"Whats going on?" he asked.

"Ah Mr. lightwood, how nice of you to join us, put valentine in the chair."Imogen told Alec and he just looked at me and went over to him.

"Kayla, Alec whats going on?" He asks us as Alec puts him in the chair.

"Gag him." Imogen ordered, and Alec gagged him.

" no please don't do this to me." valentine begs

"My son is dead because of you, it's been 23 years , and the pain just never goes away, Guard the entrance." Imogen said to us.

"Kayla please." Valentine says looking at me.

"Imogen stop it's not Valentine , it's Magnus they somehow switched bodies." I tell her, going over to him and removing the gag thing.

"How do you know that ?" she asked.

"Well, because you know what I am, and I just have this feeling." I tell her and she scoffs.

"We cannot go on a feeling Ms. Branwell." she snapped at me trying to move me out of the way.

"Well there's that and the fact that, Magnus has Jace chained up right over there." I say pointing to the two and we all go out of the cell over to them.

"Sorry kay you were right they did switch somehow." Jace says.

"You've taken my light your darkness will come." Magnus says, or should I say Valentine.

"What did you say?"Imogen asked.

"Im repeating your words back to you." Valentine says. I look back towards Magnus who is inside Valentines body. 'Im sorry' I mouthed to him.

"You remember the fire message you sent me the night Stephen died. The good news is, in exchange for your freedom, you can save your our angel- blooded warrior."he says.