Chapter 43

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

After talking to Lydia I got word that clary had been attacked and was in the infirmary. I ran down there to see Jace and Simon with her.

"How is she?" I asked.

"You didn't see the attacker at all? No description? Nothing?"Jace asked Simon as the doctor was examining clary.

"It was hard to see and I had to choose. Either go after them or help clary, would you have done it differently?" Simon asks Jace. I go over to hug Simon.

"Hey you did what any of us would've done. ok" I tell him and he hugs back.

"You better get going."Jace tells Simon.

"No I'm not going anywhere until she wakes up."Simon argued.

"under the circumstances there is a lockout order for on all downworlders." Jace says.

"Jace!" I scold him.

"No what else is new? Jace I saved her, I brought her here, and when she wakes up I'm gonna be there for her." Simon argues.

"It's not a request Mr. Lewis, " Imogen said as she walked into the room.

"look I'm not a criminal I'm her best frie--" 

"Simon , please don't make this worse." Jace says.

"I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything about her." Jace tells him and I roll my eyes. Simon obliges again refusing to leave. Two guards and came and took him.

"Simon! Jace how could you!" I say to him.

"Simon has been a helpful Allie  in the past.  Don't you think throwing him in jail is excessive?" I asked Imogen.

"A down worlder cannot challenge our authority , not in times like these. "Imogen says as our phone rings. 

"Another dead body." Jace states as he looks at me and I just sigh and follow him.

"It's Hilwater looks like a vampire attack." Jace says as we walk up to the body.

"We need a new plan." Jace says.

"These are from the R&D  team in Alicante. We've always been able to track shadow hunters through their runes. Now we can track downworlders through GPS chips." Imogen explained as she held up sticks.

"What are you saying?" I asked her. " That we round up the downworlders and chip them? Thats insane!" I tell her.

"Ms. Branwell, perhaps you personal relationships are clouding your objectivity." Imogen said to me.

"My personal relationships have nothing to do with it. You know maybe they have everything to do with it. Because One of the people who is the closest thing to a father figure since mine died is a werewolf always told me to follow my gut and this is wrong, they are just people too." I tell Imogen.