Chapter 49

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

Clary, Jace and I were in the institute trying to find Jonathan and Valentine.But we stopped when Luke called me.

"I thought you weren't supposed to be helping us." clary said as I put the phone on speaker.

"Consider this an anonymous tip. We ran down his circle members, but we lost Valentine when Jonathan grabbed him and pinballed up three fire escapes and leaped out of sight." Luke explained to us.

"Yea, blondie moves like a demon." Jace says.

"That's because he is one." I tell Jace as I put up a map.

"On the plus side, he won't get far away." Maia said.

"Yea. By order of the queen, Warlocks have put up wards all around the city. No portals travel in or out for anyone with Nephilim blood. A shadow hunter crosses that threshold, they get vaporized.So be careful. We'll continue the hunt on our end." Luke tells us.

"Thanks for keeping us updated. Be careful." I say before we hang up.

"Hey spread the word,Shadowhunter movement into and out of the city stops immediately ." Jace said to some people before looking at clary and I. " No more shadow hunters die today."

"Hey." I heard Alec walking this way.

"Hey."

"Isabelle is on her way back with Rufus. Guess who tried to portal to Idris? Valentine must know that we don't have the mirror. And presumably, where the real one is." Alec says.

"Look, lets stay focused on what we can control, not what we can't we will figure this out." Jace says.

"So we're stuck inside the city alone with that man? but I have no way..." He starts but clary interrupts.

"I might be able to speed things up but I am going to need Jace's help." Clary says.

We all walked to the courtyard.

"So you want to use your blood to track your untraceable brother through the angelic connection me and you have? Totally that sounds great." Jace says sarcastically. They end up doing their thing and they find a location.

Later that night Clary portaled, Alec, me, Izzy and Jace to the cemetery.

"Why would they hide in a graveyard." clary asked us, as we walked around.

"They probably raided an old weapons cache." I told her.

"It doesn't explain, what happened to everybody else here." Jace said as we saw no one.

"I don't think they left." Alec said. I looked over to him and saw him staring at the blood.

"Another demon trap." Izzy said.

"Well lets split up, girls with boys." Alec says.

"I'll go with Kayla!"

"I'll go with Alec!" the two yelled and Izzy Alec and I just stare.

"Ok then." Us three ran the opposite way to the other side of the cemetery.We continued running as we walked into a building, as we entered we grabbed our weapons, me with my bow and arrow. we slowly walked down a hallway and saw a coffin ahead of us.

"Stop." Izzy said making clary hold up her sword and me my bow.We saw someone sitting down holding a cross necklace.

"is she hurt?" Clary asked

"No. She's forsaken." I say.

The woman turned sharply at the three of us and growling. She ran to as I used shot at her while clary used her sword to slice her stomach. I looked behind us and saw more coming. I put my bow away and got out my swords. Izzy used her staff to trip them and clary and I used our swords to kill them as they came running to us. Two came at me, but I dodged before I kicked them in the stomach. I quickly turned using my swords to slice their stomachs.one of them takes me by surprise and jumps on me. I groan. Izzy uses her whips to grab the forsaken and get it off me. Once it's on the ground I take my sword and stab it. I turn back to Izzy.
"Thanks for that." I tell her and she nods. We continue fighting them off.

Once we were done, the three of us looked at each other. My face changes when I see two forsaken walking our way growling, I quickly grab my bow and arrow and shoot at them, I noticed another arrow was shot at them too. As I looked up I saw Alec.

"I think that is the last of them." Alec said as he walked up to us.

"Alec , are you okay?" I asked as me and Izzy hugged him.

"I'm okay." he sighed.

"Where's Jace ?" Clary asked him. I looked around and saw he wasn't there.

"Sebastian. We gotta find him." Alec said

"Guys!" Clary yelled. We looked behind us and saw more forsaken walking up to us.

"Izzy, Kayla Alec and I got this you two go and find Sebastian and Jace, You all have whips. The electrum. Go!" Clary yelled and we looked at Alec he nodded.

Izzy and I raced upstairs and sprinted to the bridge where Jonathan was gonna kill Jace. Izzy pulled out her whip towards Jonathan wrapping his wrists.

"Stay away from him you son of a bitch!" I yelled to him before Izzy whipped on the bridge making sparks come off it.

"Well, I suppose this won't be a fair fight then will it?" Jonathan asked Izzy.

"You didn't seem to have a problem when you took a run at our baby brother." Izzy said before she whips Jonathan making a blood line on his cheek.

"I trusted you when I was at my weakest, my lowest. I brought you into my life, into my family, and you betrayed me." She told him.

" well if it's any consolation, he survived thanks to Kayla here. Isn't that right? Kayla the pure healer, The guardian, but couldn't even save her unborn child.How tragic" he says and I shot an arrow into his stomach making him stumble.

"You don't know anything about me." I spit to him. Before Izzy then whips at Jonathan he catches it and pulls the whip making Izzy slowly be pulled towards him. I ran up to him grabbing her trying to hold her back.

"And I saved you life Izzy, shouldn't that count for something." Jonathan says.

"That's why we're giving you a more honorable death than you deserve." Izzy says letting go of the whip.

"Jonathan stumbles backwards. Before he could balance , Jace took his sword and pushed it up into his back." Killing him.

"Kayla your job is to protect downworlders though." Jonathan manages to choke out. I go over to him.

"You Jonathan are no downworlder, you are just a cold- blooded demon." I say before I nod to Jace and he kicks Jonathan off the bridge into the water. I look and saw Alec and Clary arriving. I run over to Alec hugging him tightly.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"Yea I'm fine are you?" I ask him.

"Im fine." He breaths out. We go over to where Izzy is.

"Hail and farewell ." She says.

" She says