Chapter 17

Kayla's POV

Kayla's POV

After Alec and I left Izzy, we made our way to Magnus' place, it took us about 15 minutes to get there. When we got there we knocked on the door and Magnus opened it. He lets us in.

" Magnus We need to ask you something and it is about Izzy." Alec says and I nod and look at Magnus.

"Oh, I see. Are you referring to the fact that the new head of the institute has Isabelle on trial for high treason?  What can I do for you all?" he asks us and then looks at me.

" wait Kayla I thought they took you in too?" he questions.

" long story , but since I technically didn't participate in the ambush, they can't charge me with anything. Lydia helped me out actually." I explained to him.

" wow Lydia actually helped you, are we talking about the same person." Magnus questions

" yes but thats besides the point , we need your help Magnus, I want you to help me be Izzy's defense team." I tell him.

" we said we would ask because Kayla said she had a plan. But we are sorry to bother you... a downworlder can't represent a shadow hunter in court." Alec says and he starts to walk away. I just look at Magnus but then I remember something.

" Alec wait! A shadowhunter accused of any crime can choose any advocate." I say and he walks back over to us.

"But that can't mean a down worlder." he questions, and I nod my head.

" I remember reading about it in the institute library. the clave was so rigid and prejudiced back In what they call the time of angels, they Would never have dreamed of a shadowhunter ever asking a downworlder for help." I explain to him and Magnus chimes in.

" Yea they didn't even bother to exclude us." he says and I turn back to look at Alec.

" exactly, so the clave is all about following rules, so technically we would be following the rules. so Magnus will you help us please?" I ask him.

" I will help you Kayla, but I do want something in return." he says and I nod.

" what is it?" I question.

" I just want an invitation to yours and Alec's wedding. Simon told me about it. by the way congratulations" he says and I smile and hug him.

" of course Magnus, you were going to get one anyways and thank you." I tell him and we look back at Alec.

" done deal. Now lets get back." he says smiling and I smile and we head back to the institute with Magnus.

Once back at the institute......

We go back into the room that they are holding Izzy in. Once we walk in a instantly go to hug her.

" Are you ok Iz?" I ask her.