Chapter Forty Six

"So... we're doing this?"

"It's our only option."

"Well, we could not do anything-"

"That's the wrong option."

"What if something goes wrong?"

"We did our research. Don't worry."

"Like that's possible."

"Come on. Now we all need to get some sleep. It'll be a long day tomorrow," Minho tells us as we wrap up our last meeting before the sneak out in the morning.

We plan to wake up at four, two hours before the wake up. Alby and Newt had been taking their posts at five thirty, because the doors open at six every morning. So Minho insists that we go get sleep.

"I doubt I could sleep at all after all this..." I say under my breath. Minho catches my comment and laughs softly.

"Come on," He says and places his hand on my lower back to lead me out.

The Glade was dark. It's the middle of the night. It was our only chance to meet without getting caught.

In the thirty minutes we spent together finishing finalizing our plan, Minho and I had packed for the expedition while Ben had handwritten three maps and instructions for all three of us. We're going to do this, and we're going to do it right.

Once we get to the hammocks Minho and I carefully weave our way in and out of them all before arriving at our own two hammocks next to each other. Newt had moved his across the area.

We both crawl in and after a few minutes of restlessness, Minho reaches over and takes my hand.

"Come on, Beth. Try to sleep," He says soothingly, running his thumb across the back of my hand.

Soon enough I give into the exhaustion and let myself fall into the dark abyss.