Chapter Fourteen

"What the shuck are you doing?" Minho unimpressively asks as he catches a glimpse of me climbing up a tree.

"I'm bored, what do you expect?" I push my foot down on a branch to launch myself up enough to grab another branch.

"You didn't answer my question," He points out, walking to the tree and leaning on it.

"I'm climbing this tree, what the hell does it look like?" I reply sassily, pulling myself up on another branch.

"Why?" He asks.

"To sit on it. Newt had to go take care of something and Clint told me he'd do my job today so I didn't have to worry about it and could spend time with Newt so he doesn't crack someone's skull when I have to run tomorrow," I say calmly, even though it wasn't an exaggeration. I hoist myself up onto the targeted branch and twist my body around so I can sit comfortably on it.

"I see, I see. Just don't crack your own skull, okay?" He raises an eyebrow in concern.

"Oh? What's this? Minho is actually showing emotions? Someone mark this day in history," I laugh. "I'll be fine, thank you."

"Just because I'm the king of sass doesn't mean I don't have feelings," He pauses. "I'm worried about Newt," He says, rather abruptly.

His words catch my attention and I shift on the branch to face him better. I lean down a bit while still making sure I stay put on the branch.

"What happened? Is everything alright?" I ask him, impatiently. He opens his mouth to say something before closing it and bringing his hand up to rub the back of his neck.

"Everything's fine, I just... I don't know. He seems worried all the time. About you," He turns his head up to look at me sitting up in the branches.

"Um, well, I don't... I don't know what I should do about that..." I tell him, biting my lip. I mean, I already tried to get rid of myself, I don't know what more I can do.

"I don't think anything, I just want to... I don't know. I want to make sure you're being careful. And safe," He informs me. I nod my head.

"Alright," I agree, unsure of whether or not I'm worth this.