Chapter Twenty Three

The rest of our run is pretty repetitive. Corridors, ivy, Minho writing down things every so often. Beetle blades.

"We're going to start heading back. It's pretty early but since it's your first run you need a break. Come on," He urges me to follow him. I do.

We arrive at the doors fairly quickly.

"You really know your way around this place, don't you?" I say in shock as we turn the corner leading to the doors.

"Well, two years of running has its benefits." He blows off the comment casually. I stop dead in my tracks as an uneasy feeling washes over me.

"Two years? You've been looking for a way out for two years and we're still here?" I swallow.

"Yep." He replies simply. I begin running beside him.

"How have you not given up yet?" I ask in disbelief.

"Hope. Faith. Lack of other activities that don't suck." He jokes but I can hear the realism in his voice.

"Really makes me love this place," I mutter sarcastically. Minho catches my comment and lets out a small laugh.

"Come on, let's get outta here." He nods back towards the doors before sprinting towards them. I follow.

As we get closer, I can see Newt waiting at the door for our return. I look down at the ground. As we arrive at the doors, Minho tells me he's going to the map room. I nod and he rushes off as Newt walks over to me and pulls me into a hug. No tears are shed, no words spoken. His arms are tightly secured around my waist, mine around his shoulders. His face is buried in the crook of my neck and my chin rests on his shoulder. After a long time, he pulls away.

"Get dinner with me?" He asks. I smirk.

"Of course."