💉CHAPTER - 24💉

Hey guysss...
Thanku for your valuable votes and comments...
Go ahead and Read..

Hruday's POV:

Some how Krithi managed to sleep very peacefully beside me. And Ronit who occupied the passenger seat and much to my displeasure is furiously typing away on his mobile.

But here I'm fuming with anger. How the hell did they get so close??

That too in a single day, not even a complete day. More than half of the day she is with me then how???

Is there some sort of flashback between them?
What the hell!!

Why am I sounding like one of those female lead roles in Hindi Dramas who are way too curious about everything and come up with extraordinary conclusions on their own??

I was snapped out of my thoughts when our car came to halt with a jerk.

"What happened Krishna uncle?" I asked our driver. He has been working for us since 25 years and he is more like a family to us.

"I don't know Hruday, maybe some accident. Crowd is gathered there," Uncle said.

Immediately my doctor instincts urged me to get down and reach the place. I may not be able to treat him completely with the resources here but I can provide a bit of first aid.

I saw a man lying on the road breathing heavily and I rushed towards him pushing the crowd that are around him adding to his already present suffocation.

I kneeled beside him, just then I felt someone kneeling before me.

It was krithi, I hadn't expected her to come this quickly with her heavy dress.

Her peaceful sleepy face is replaced by a worried one.

Her eyes are completely focused  on the person and a cute frown formed between her brows.

She looked at me and said -- "what do you think happened to him? Is it really an accident? I mean he does not have any major external injuries!!!"

I reminded myself that now is not the time to study krithi's features.

"Umm... yes, it's an accident, maybe he was crushed by some vehicle, look at the way his shirt tore. The impact maybe of short duration and taking into consideration that he is a obese person, it's traumatic asphyxia, " I said checking his pulse.

"Ooo... that's a rare case in accidents, maybe we should give him CPR," Krithi said and started to compress his chest.

"Wait.." his pulse is weak and his breathing labored.

I saw his neck veins distended  and I turned to ask Krishna uncle to bring first aid kit in my car.

But uncle has already brought the kit. I gave him a nod and took the kit.

I took my stethoscope and checked his heart beat. It is rapid and I can hear distant muffled sounds.

"What are you doing Hruday? Let's give him CPR, we are losing him with time, " krithi yelled at me.

"We shouldn't, he is having cardiac tamponade. We must drain the fluid before he develops pulmonary edema and shock, " I told her.

"Hey Man, can you see me?" I asked him.

He said a yes, I asked his name to which he responded.

"His consciousness is not effected yet, we have to be quick, we shouldn't let his brain get affected, " I told krithi and she nodded a yes.