2.123 "Take Care Of Yourself"

Start from the beginning

Elijah jumped into the pool and picked up Nik's body. I let go of Stefan when i felt he could stand on his own. I rushed to the edge of the pool and saw that Nik's body looked desiccated

I looked at Eli in panic. When we looked back at Nik, the desiccation was fading and the wound on his throat healed. I breathed out relieved when he opened his eyes. 

Nik breathed out weakly "I felt them leave. My sireline is broken."

Cemetery.Morning.

Nik and Stefan were in the cemetery. Nik was locking his ex inside a tomb while Stefan was with him. I was outside talking to Elijah by the SUV Nik gave us.

I put the two little teddy bears i had bought inside and turned to Elijah "You scared me tonight, idiot"

He chuckled weakly "It wasn't my intention, trust me, i didn't want that"

I gave him a soft smile "i know"

He returned it. 

My smile faded and i whined "I don't want to apologize to Nik"

He chuckled "And here i thought i would never ever hear you say something like that to Nik"

I smiled a little "people change, Elijah, and believe it or not, he did that too"

Elijah nodded but then eyed me worriedly "how are you feeling?"

I nodded "Like always and you?"

He nodded.

Me "I thought i was going to loose you tonight, Elijah, and not only you but also the sireline"

He nodded "I know. "

Me "If word get spread that Nik's sire line is broken....they're gonna come for him, Eli, you need to get that last piece of white oak in your hands before anyone else does"

He nodded "i know."

I took a deep breath "take care of yourself"

He nodded "i will"

Me "i mean it. I'm not willing to die, Elijah, so don't get your ass killed"

He chuckled "i won't, trust me"

i nodded. 

Elijah "And you take care of yourself"

I nodded "i will"

Elijah nodded "good."

I hugged him. 

He hugged me back "i really did miss you"

Me "me too"

I let go of him.

He kissed my forehead "good bye, Adelaide"

Then he speeded away. 

I sighed and walked around. I stopped around a tomb when i heard Stefan and Nik talking. I looked around the corner and saw them.

Stefan " So... the spell worked. We survived. I saved you, and you saved me. Funny how that works, isn't it?"

Nik smiled " Mmm."

Stefan " I'd be happy to let this be the end. Am I too optimistic in thinking we'll never see each other again?"

Nik shrugged " Well, that depends-- are you going to do the right thing?"

Stefan "By whom? I assume you don't mean my brother."

Nik "By her."

Stefan took a deep breath "I love her. I know that your brother did that once and probably still does. I promise I will only do right by her."

Nik nodded " Thank you."

I looked down and took a deep breath. Then i walked to the boys. 

Nik shook Stefan's hand "And you... take care of yourself, old friend."

Stefan nodded and then looked at me and Nik "I'll wait in the car"

I nodded and then looked at Nik. 

Me "how are you feeling?"

Nik shrugged "Like the weight on my shoulders is gone now"

I nodded "i'm sorry"

Nik smirked "excuse me? i couldn't understand what you said"

I chuckled "I'm not going to repeat myself"

He chuckled "you don't have to feel sorry"

Me "But i am"

Nik nodded.

Me "What changed your mind?"

Nik asked confused "about what?"

Me "why did you come after us? You didn't have to come after us but why did you?"

Nik "Because i know that if he dies that it will destroy you."

Me"how do you know?"

Nik "Because i see it in his and in your eyes"

I looked down.

Nik"you've gone through enough pain and heartbreaks. You are not Katerina, i never hated you. I'm truly sorry for what i did to your parents, i'm sorry for making you watch how i killed your mother"

Me "Do i have to see you again in the future?"

Nik gave me a soft smile "This is your town too, after all. Your home"

I nodded" i know"

Nik chuckled "tell Caroline i said Hello"

I nodded smiling "i will"

Then I hugged him.

Nik hugged me back "i hope you can forgive me for my sins"

I let go of him "I will never able to look at you and not see my Mama's killer. But you proved that there is some good in you, Nik. You didn't disappoint me, and that's what counts"

He smiled"I wish you and him luck with finding a cure. take care of yourself, love"

i smiled back "You too, Nik"