Counting On Forever

Start from the beginning

Lucy grabs a fistful of cake and holds it out to Ian, who opens his mouth and accepts it gladly. Cameras flash, capturing the cute encounter.

"Awe, they're so cute!" Emily gushes, while balancing Shay on her hip.

"You've taught them well." My mom says smiling. My dad who is standing beside her smiles too.

"I'm proud of you, Aria. You and Ezra are doing a wonderful job." I can't help but smile. That really means a lot coming from my dad.

Pretty soon the babies cakes are piles of mush on their trays, and the guest cake is gone too. Wrapping paper and party bags are scattered around the patio, and Ian, Lucy, Ashley, Keegan, Troy and Shay all play contently with the twins' new toys.

"They're such great sharers." Hanna comments, as Caleb wraps his arms around her and sways side to side.

"I know! Can you teach our boys to do that?" Toby asks, stifling a laugh.

"Yes please? I feel like those two are always fighting over who gets what toy or who gets to sit on daddy's lap." Spencer says, rolling her eyes. Dianne laughs.

"I hate to tell you but it just gets worse. Trust me, I have two boys and they still fight to this day!" She says. Spencer groans loudly.

"We do not!" Wesley and Ezra reply, looking offended. I shake my head.

"Whatever! You two were fighting the other day about who got to put the babies to bed!"

Ezra and Wes look at each other.

"I still think you should have let me do it." Wesley grumbles. "You get to do it all the time!"

"Exactly!" Ezra argues. "They're my kids so it's my responsibility to put them to bed!"

"See what I mean?" Dianne says, turning to Spencer and Toby who groan again. I sigh, leaning into Ezra's chest.

"I can't believe our precious babies are one already! Where did the time go?" I say sadly. As much as I love watching our little ones grow, I want them to stay little forever!

"I know." Ezra agrees. "It seems like just yesterday when we were holding them in the hospital for the very first time."

"It does, doesn't it." I smile, remembering that moment. That perfect little moment when I made the decision to love those two little bundles of joy as much as I could.

"There will be more in the future, right?" My mom asks. It takes me a second to understand what she meant, and once I do Ezra and I stare at each other and laugh.

"We'll see." I answer. Just then Toby speaks up.

"Speaking of that, Spence and I have some exciting news." Toby says. We all turn our attention to Spencer who is beaming with pride.

"Toby and I are pregnant again!" She exclaims, unable to hide the pure joy her and Toby both share.

"Oh my god, that's wonderful!" I say, wrapping my arms around my best friend. Everyone else surrounds the happy couple, congratulating them and cheering excitedly. Just when I thought this day couldn't be any more perfect, it surprised me again.

Two years ago, if you were to tell me what my life would be like now, I would have laughed in your face. Two years ago, when I stood by my bathroom sink holding the positive pregnancy test, I thought my life was over. I had no idea how I was going to manage my life as a teen mom and keep myself and my babies safe from A. I questioned my purpose in life and told myself it was over, but so many people proved me wrong. I used to ask myself if I could go back and change things so Ali never went missing, and A never existed, would I? Two years ago I would have said absolutely, but not anymore. As crazy and backwards as it sounds, I'm actually grateful for A. Without A, I would have never become close with my friends, I would have never met Ezra, and we would've never been able to welcome the two most incredible human beings in the entire world into our family. A messed a lot of stuff up. A took a lot from me, but the one thing he didn't take from me, is love. Love is what got me through those horrible times in my life. Love is what got me through every time I didn't know how I was going to survive another day. Love is what made me strong. Love is what made our family. Our happy, prefect, little family. Whatever the future has in store for us, I'm ready to dive in head first. I have my parents, I have my friends, and I have my family. I have everything I need right in front of me, and I couldn't ask for anything more.

_______________

Annnd that's a wrap on this story! I can't believe what a crazy, amazing ride it's been. Thank you all for sticking through to the end, and I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I can't thank you enough for all the support and positivity you've given me. I couldn't have done it without each and every one of you encouraging me to keep writing. Even though this story is over, I'm not ready to quit writing for you yet, so stay tuned for a few more upcoming stories I have coming to you shortly. Thanks again for everything. I love you all! -K