My Loves

One week later
*Hanna's POV*

Today is October twenty-eighth which means I am exactly six months pregnant with Ashley! Caleb and I moved into our new house almost two whole weeks ago, and things couldn't be better for the two of us.

I hum silently to myself, and listen to the soft pitter-patter of the water running from the upstairs shower. While Caleb showers, I decided to fold a load of laundry. Since I am entering my journey into motherhood, it's about time I learn how to be a mature, independent adult. I can't help but feel a sense of peace as I fold Caleb and I's very few articles of clothing. Caleb and I are finally in our own house and are ready to start our own family! It's what we always knew we wanted, we just didn't weren't expecting it to be this soon. Of course, I wasn't planning on A sabotaging my sex life and causing me to get pregnant either, but sometimes life throws a curveball at you.

My thoughts are interrupted by a sudden movement in my stomach. I jump for a second and place my hand on my stomach. I wait a few more seconds before I feel it again. I chuckle to myself. Ashley is kicking! She has been doing that a lot lately, and Caleb and I absolutely love it! Sometimes we will lay in bed together for hours and feel her movement inside of me until we eventually fall asleep with our hands on my baby bump.

The water in the bathroom stops running, and I hear the shower door slam. I know that Caleb is done with his shower, so I hurry to finish up the laundry.

About ten minutes later, I finish folding the last item of clothing, and Caleb walks into the room. He is fully dressed, but his hair is a wet and tousled mess on top of his head. He strutts over to me, and plants a kiss on my forehead. I close my eyes, and breathe in the sweet smell of his cologne.

"Ashley was kicking again when you were in the shower." I explain to him. He smiles at me and then looks down to my stomach.

"Were you kicking little peanut?" he asks in a high pitched voice. "Can you kick again for daddy?" he asks hopeful. I can't help but smile. When Caleb talks to our daughter, it's honestly the cutest thing ever! I know Spencer and Aria say the same thing, but it's true! There is nothing more heart warming than seeing a daddy talking to his daughter, and I absolutely cannot wait to see them together when Ashley is born. I just know that they will be the cutest daddy/daughter duo.

Caleb and I sit still for a few seconds, waiting for baby Ashley to kick again. Nothing happens.

"Awe come on peanut!" Caleb jokes. "Can you give us one little kick? It would make mommy and I very happy!" This time, as if on command, she kicks. Caleb and I look at each other wide eyed.

"Did you see that?" Caleb asks excitedly. "She listened to me!" I chuckle before leaning over and kissing Caleb, much to his surprise. Our lips are locked into each other's, and we share a slow, raw, passionate, kiss. Our little make-out session is soon interrupted by Ashley giving us another small kick. Caleb and I look at each other and laugh.

"What, baby girl? You don't like it when mommy and daddy kiss?" Caleb asks sadly. "Well that's too bad, because when you're born, we're going to give you lots of kisses. Just like this one!" Caleb bends down, and plants a small kiss right above my belly button. I grin from ear to ear. With every day that goes by, I keep thinking about how lucky I am to have Caleb, and soon to be Ashley, in my life. I already love her to death, even though I have never met her. Caleb and I made her. She's ours. She's going to grow up and have the best parents imaginable! We are going to love her unconditionally, just as we love each other. I will never fully be able to comprehend that.

Just then, my stomach growls once again, shaking me from my thoughts. Caleb looks at me and chuckles.

"Boy Hanna, you must be really hungry judging by that massive grumble you just gave me." Caleb says jokingly.

"I am!" I say agreeing. "I'm really craving coconut Thai chicken from that Thai place on the corner of Main Street." I say eagerly. Caleb studies me for a few seconds before leaping up.

"You know what? Give me twentyish minutes." Caleb says glancing at his watch. I give him a queer look before nodding my head.

"Okay." I agree. With my permission, Caleb throws on a pair of sneakers, and is out the door in seconds. Once the door slams shut behind him, I collapse onto the sofa, and stare at my belly.

"Well I guess it's just you and me now, Ashley." I sigh.

* "Twentyish minutes later" *

I must have fallen alseep because the next thing I know, Caleb is standing in the entryway holding a brown paper bag. The smell of Thai food drifts through the air. My mouth waters, and my taste buds long for a bite.

"Caleb!" I say surprised. "You didn't have to do that! I was partially kidding!" Caleb walks into the kitchen and sets the paper bag down on the counter.

"Oh yeah, I think I did!" he argues. I shake my head.

"Caleb seriously, you don't have to give in to every single one of my cravings." I assure him.

"Well they're not just your cravings, they're Ashley's too, and I offer only the best to my girls." He says pulling out styrofoam take-out boxes. I start to stand up to go over to help him. Caleb looks at me and shakes his head.

"Uh-uh." he says. "Sit. Rest your head, and put your feet up. I've got dinner handled." I try to protest, but Caleb puts his finger up, and points to the couch. Finally, I give up and sink back into the couch. I grab the remote off of the coffee table and turn on the TV.

"What are you in the mood for?" I ask Caleb while searching through Cable. Caleb ponders the thought for a minute.

"How about we watch a movie instead of TV." He suggests. I nod my head.

"Yeah, okay!" I turn towards the movie cabinet and pick out '50 first dates', one of our favorite comedy movies. I pop it into the DVD player. Caleb joins me not long after and hands me a box of my favorite: coconut Thai chicken with lime cilantro rice, along with a raspberry lemonade. I thank him and eagerly begin to dig in. Caleb does the same.

About a half hour later, all of the Thai food, including the fortune cookies, is devoured and my lemonade is gone. I set my empty glass on the coffee table and lean into Caleb. He wraps his arms around me, and I snuggle in closer. Soon, I find myself drifting off to sleep.

One hour later
*Caleb's POV*

The end credits roll across the TV screen, and I yawn. For some reason watching TV always makes me tired. I turn to Hanna, who is sleeping soundly beside me. Her bow shaped lips are slightly parted, and her heavy breathing makes my hand rise up and down on her chest. I kiss her forehead, and lean back on the couch.

I'm beyond thankful for Hanna and my unborn baby girl. I am one hell of a lucky man to have the greatest girlfriend in the universe, and to be able to have the privilege of being my little girl's daddy. I only hope it stays that way. If Hanna ever found out what's been going on, I'll be saying goodbye to my family for good this time.

 If Hanna ever found out what's been going on, I'll be saying goodbye to my family for good this time

__________

Ooh, it just got real! What is Caleb hiding?

Hurray for Haleb, and 1ok!!!! I can't believe it! Thank you so much for all of your support! Let me know what you think in the comments down below! Also I'm thinking about starting another book, so let me know your thoughts about that too!
-K