Congratulations It's a...

Six days later
*Emily's POV*

I am so beyond excited for today, because today marks four months and two weeks of pregnancy! Not only that, but today is the day that I get to find out the gender of my baby! I can finally stop referring to it as an it, or little peanut, or baby, or little one. I can finally say her or him! I can finally start looking for names, and I can finally stop shopping for gender neutral clothes and items. I can also start preparing his or her nusery! Just then, I get a text from Hanna.

Han- On my way! C U soon!

Paige has school today, and she can't skip because there is a mandatory swim practice that she needs to attend before the big meet this weekend, and since I don't want to go to the ultrasound appointment alone, Hanna offered to come along! Isn't she the sweetest?

Since today is kind of a big day, I decided to dress up a little more than usual. If you know me, you know that I am not the type of girl that likes to dress up on a daily basis, but because today is kind of a big day, I decided to.

I curl my long black hair one strand at a time. For some reason I find wrapping my hair around the iron, and releasing it so that a perfect ringlet takes it's place, so satisfying. I repeat this process until my whole head is neatly curled.

Since I am going to an ultrasound, I decided not to wear anything super fancy, but I do choose one of my nicer, off the shoulder blouses, and a pair of white jeans. To top it off, I slip on some of my favorite black flats. Heels are a big no, at least until my pregnancy is over. Just as I am cleaning up the bathroom, Hanna's voice comes from behind me, making me jump.

"Hey Em!" she says.

"Jeez Han, you scared the shit out of me!" I say laughing.

"So, today's the big day! How do you feel?" Hanna asks. I sigh.

"I'm so anxious! I can't wait another second!"

Hanna smiles and places a hand on her stomach. "That's how I felt before finding out too!" she says, looking down at her ever growing baby bump.

"Do you want it to be a boy or girl?" Hanna asks.

"I go back and forth." I say shrugging. "But in the end, I will be equally happy with either."

"I hope you have a little girl so that we can go shopping together, and our girls can grow up together and be best friends!" Hanna says smiling. "But if you have a little boy, then Ian, Spencer's boys and your little boy can be besties, so it's a win-win either way!"

I sigh. "Four little boys in our group of all girls? I don't think I could handle that!" I say laughing. "But I'm not sure I could handle three bitchy teenage girls either." I admit. Hanna nods in agreement.

"Let's just hope they don't turn out like Ali, because if they do, I'm shipping those bitches off to boarding school." Hanna says defiantly.

"Alright Han, come on. We're going to be late to the appointment!" I say, dragging her out the door. I open the drivers door, Hanna slides into the passenger side, and we drive away. Hanna and I belt out Taylor Swift songs the whole ride to the hospital.

"You've got that James Dean, daydream, look in your eye, and I've got that red lip, classic, thing that you like, and when we go crashing down, we come back every time, 'cause we never go out of style, we never go out of style..."

We sing at the top of our lungs. If it wasn't January, we would roll the windows down and throw our arms out, but it is January, and in Rosewood, January is by far the coldest month of the year.

A few moments later, we pull up into the hospital parking lot. Hanna and I get out of the car, my excitement bursting at the seams. We walk hand in hand up into the clinic. I check in at the front desk and take a seat in the waiting room. Hanna sits next to me.

"Are you nervous?"she asks. I shake my head.

"Not at all! I'm super excited!" I say, tapping my foot against the carpeted floor. Just then, I hear my name being called.

"Emily Fields?"

I stand up. "That would be me!" The nurse smiles.

"I'm nurse Becky. Today's a big day for you, huh."

I nod my head. "You bet!" Becky smiles and notices Hanna.

"Who's this?" she asks.

"Oh, this is my friend Hanna Marin! She's tagging along with me today. She's been through this whole process already, so she offered to help!" I say, giving Hanna's hand a squeeze.

"What a nice friend! When are you due?" Becky asks Hanna.

"March twenty-sixth." Hanna says smiling proudly.

"That's quite soon! Boy or girl?" Becky asks as we enter the room.

"We're having a little girl." Hanna says proudly.

"Oh, you and your boyfriend are so lucky! I have two boys, eight and five. They're quite a handful. I would love to have a little girl! Well, I'll leave you two be. Emily if you could change into this gown for the transvaginal scan, that would be great." Becky says, closing the door, and leaving Hanna and I alone in the room. I quickly undress and redress into the paper gown that nurse Becky left. Not a moment sooner, Doctor Snyder comes in.

"Hello Emily!" she says excitedly. "How have you been feeling lately?"

I smile. "I've been feeling wonderful!"

"That's great! Today's the day isn't it!" she says excitedly. I nod vigorously.

"Alright! Well I'm assuming you want to find out the gender as soon as possible, so we'll get started right away." As instructed, I lay down on the bed. Dr. Snyder turns on the monitor, and starts preparing the wand. Hanna takes a seat across from me. I close my eyes and hold my breath as Dr. Snyder inserts the wand inside of me.

The ultrasound screen goes dark, but then flashes on, and a small baby- like figure appears. Hanna smiles, she has never seen my baby before! Dr. Snyder moves the wand around to check over the baby carefully.

"Your baby looks as healthy and happy as ever! Would you like to find out the gender?" Dr. Snyder asks. I nod. Dr. Snyder examines the baby for a few more seconds.

"Congratulations, it's a girl!" Dr. Snyder exclaims. Hanna claps excitedly, and I burst into tears of joy.

"I knew it!" Hanna yells excitedly. I can't stop staring at my beautiful baby girl on the screen. A girl, I'm having a little girl! Just when I think I couldn't possibly smile any harder, text comes through. My heart races, and I feel sick to my stomach after reading it.

Congratulations! We're having a baby girl! What should we name her? Anna, or Annika, or Amy, or Abigail, or how about, Alison? -A

__________

It's a girl! How many of you guessed right? I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Much love! -K