The Cavanaugh Boys

Five days later
*Spencer's POV*

The boys and have been home for four days now. Lots of people came to visit Keegan and Troy in the hospital! I still can't beleive that after all this time, I'm finally living happily with my three favorite boys!

I throw back the covers and get out of my dangerously comfortable bed. Toby, being the amazing guy he is, gave me the privilege of a nap, something that I haven't been able to do in ages! Even though it's only been about two weeks since the babies were born, I feel like I haven't slept in forever!

I walk out of my dark room and am blinded by the daylight streaming in through the windows. I walk down the hall past the empty room that used to be Bella's nursery. I stop in front of it, and look around. Remains of the light pink wallpaper cover the wall, and pieces of left over wood from the crib lean against the wall. The pink flowered chandelier still hangs from the ceiling, as neither of us has had the mental strength to pull it down. A pang of sadness hovers over me, and for a split second, all the heart ache comes flooding back. I don't think I'm going to ever be able to fully recover from the loss of my baby girl. I wipe away any evidence of tears, and regain my composure. I continue walking down the hall to the boys' room.

The sight of it makes my heart leap. The pale blue walls and rich chocolate cribs makes me all sorts of happy. I walk over to the cribs and am surprised to find that the babies are gone! I know that they were here while I was sleeping, so Toby must have taken them downstairs.

I walk out of their room and as I'm nearing the stairs, I hear the low hum of the living room TV. I make my way down the stairs and quietly sneak around the corner, careful not to disturb any precious moments that Toby and the babies are having.

Toby is laying and watching football with Keegan and Troy sprawled across his bare chest. I watch them for a moment longer before retreating to the kitchen. What am I going to do about dinner tonight?

I rumage through the refrigerator, hoping it will spark some inspiration of what to make. To my dismay, there's nothing in the fridge to make a meal out of. I turn towards my next option, the pantry.

There's a few packets of popcorn, a jar of peanut butter, corn chips, salsa, and saltine crackers. Nothing to make a full meal. Disappointed, I walk into the living room.

"Hey Baby, how'd you sleep?" Toby asks as he lifts his arm to sling it around me.

"Great." I say, slumping into the couch and into his arms.

"Good." he says, kissing my temple. I stroke Keegan's soft head. The boys are finally starting to grow some hair! Only a little bit though. I sigh.

"Is something wrong?" Tobys asks, looking into my eyes. I shake my head.

"Not at all. I'm just content." I say, burrowing my head in Toby's shoulder.

"Me too." he says, resting his chin on my head. I lay there just admiring my beautiful rose gold engagement ring, and snuggling with my three favorite Cavanaugh boys.

***

After the second game of football, the boys start to fuss. Keegan is still laying on Toby's chest, but Troy managed to worm his way in between Toby and I.

"I think it's feeding time!" Toby announces, handing me my squirming newborns. I place my baby boys on my lap, pull my shirt over my head and begin to breastfeed Keegan and Troy.

"Come to think of it, I'm hungry too. What's for dinner, Spence?" Toby asks. I frown.

"Honestly, I have no idea." I say with a sigh. "I've been too busy with the boys to go to the store, and we are almost out of food. All we have is popcorn, peanut butter, salsa, cornchips, and crackers.

Toby looks thoughtful. "Could we pick something up at the grocery store?"

I shake my head. "They're closed."

In Rosewood we only have two grocery stores and both of them close early on Sundays. Toby thinks some more.

"We could get take out." he suggests. I shake my head.

"We just had take out last night, and we're still in school! We can't afford to eat out every day!" Toby frowns.

"Okay," he says, clapping his hands together. "I'm going to make something." I try to hold back the humorous smile behind my lips, but I fail.

"What, you don't think I can do it?" Toby asks, crossing his arms in offense. "I'm going to prove you wrong. You'll see! I'm gonna make you the best god damn dinner you ever had! Hell, I'm gonna make the best god damn dinner anyone has ever had!"

"Okay!" I say, admiring his determination. He turns on his heel and disappears into the kitchen. Just as I'm re-positioning the boys, Aria calls.

"Hello?" I ask, wedging the phone between my ear and neck while continuing to nurse the boys.

"Hey Spence!" Aria's sweet voice echoes from the reciever. "What's up?"

"Right now I'm nursing Keegan and Troy, and Toby's in the kitchen preparing dinner."

"Toby's making dinner?" Aria asks surprised.

"I know, that's what I said! He insisted, but to be honest, I'm kind of scared."

"Hey, I heard that!" Toby's accusatory voice calls from the kitchen. Aria chuckles.

"Well good for him!"

"So what's been up with you lately?"

"Nothing much. Ian and Lucy are napping and Ezra's at his office grading papers, so I have the house to myself!"

"Lucky duck! With the boys around, I barely ever get time to myself anymore. Well, except today Toby offered to watch the boys for me so I could take a nap."

"Awe, he's the sweetest! He's acting awfully nice all of a sudden. Are you sure he's not sleeping around?"

"Aria!"

"Sorry!" she says laughing.

"You do know we are engaged, right?"

"I know, I know. I was just teasing!"

"So why did you call?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Oh yeah! I was wondering if you wanted some of Ian's newborn clothes. He's grown out of all of them. Unfortunately I don't have two of everything, but I figured you could probably just divide them evenly between Keegan and Troy."

"Oh sure! That would be great!"

"Awesome! I'll drop them off sometime tomorrow!"

"Perfect! Thanks so much Aria!"

"Of course Spence! And hey, if you want, you and Toby are welcome to come over here for dinner."

"Thanks for the offer, but like I said, Toby is determined to make me dinner tonight."

"Of course! any time! Have fun with Toby!"

"Thanks! Talk to you later!"

"Yep, bye!" Aria hangs up.

"Toby are you okay in there?" I ask, tipping my head to look around the corner.

"Yep! Give me five more minutes!" He says. I burp Keegan and Troy, and place the happy, full babies in their swings. Then I retreat to the kitchen. When I walk in, I burst out laughing.

"Dinner is served!" Toby says, bringing out containers of popcorn, chips and salsa, and peanut butter on crackers.

"Thanks Toby! This is perfect!" I say laughing. He takes a seat beside me and places both of his hands around mine.

"Only the best for my fiancé." Toby's lips are millimeters away from mine, and we close the gap between us in a slow kiss. When we pull apart, I dig into my dinner, shove the food in my mouth as quickly as possible so that I can get up three minutes later to tend to my screaming babies...typical.