Two Years Today

One day later
*Spencer's POV *

Today is Toby and my two year anniversary! I'm planning a surprise candle-lit dinner for the both of us when he gets home from work! My parents are visiting Melissa in Philadelphia, so we have the house all to ourselves!

"Hey spence, I haven't seen Aria all day!" Emily says shaking me from my thoughts.

Hanna comes up behind Emily, and frowns "Me either" she says. "Should we be worried?"

"No. She's probably just home sick or something." I say reassuringly, but I know what we're all thinking. This probably has something to do with A.

Ever since our clique leader Alison went missing, we have been getting threats from a blocked number who goes by the name of 'A'. A will stop at nothing to gets what he/she wants. Last year, A hit Hanna with a car, because Hanna knew something she shouldn't. If A is willing to end Hanna's life in order to keep Ali's secret safe, who knows what else A could do?

"Do you think?..." Emily asks, as if she could read my mind.

"Em stop! Don't go there! We are probably just over reacting. I'm sure Aria is fine, and A has absolutely nothing to do with her not being at school." Hanna says confidently.

"You're right." I say. "Let's find Ezra. Maybe he knows why Aria skipped school!" I say heading towards Ezra's classroom. Emily and Hanna follow.

"Hey guys!" Ezra says looking up from grading papers as soon as we walk in. "Have you seen Aria lately? She wasn't in class today."

"We came in here to ask you the same thing." I say frowning.

Ezra pulls out his phone. "Let me call her." he suggests.

"We've already tried, twice!" Hanna says crossing her arms in front of her.

Just then Mike, Aria's brother walks in. "Mr.Fitz I..." He stops and stares at us once he acknowledges our presence. "Um, am I interrupting something?" he asks motioning to us.

"No, we were just talking about Aria. Mike do you happen to know where she is?" Ezra asks, looking concerned.

"Oh she hasn't been feeling well for the last couple of days, so she decided to stay home and rest." Mike says nonchalantly.

"Oh!" we all exclaim in unison. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Well I should probably get going then." I say turning towards the door. "It's kind of a big night for me tonight. I'm glad Aria is safe though!"

"Oh that's right!" Hanna says snapping her fingers. "It's you and Toby's anniversary! Don't forget to wear your sluttiest outfit just incase you know..." Hanna's voice trails off and she wiggles her eyebrows flirtatiously.

"Hanna!" Emily snaps. "Knock it off!"

"What? it's not like you don't do it on your anniversary night. It's no secret that shit's going down under those covers tonight." Hanna says rolling her eyes.

My face turns bright red. Sometimes my friends can be so immature!

*Toby's POV*

I stop at the local floral shop on my way home from work tonight. Spencer invited me over for our anniversary, and I want to make it extra special.

I get out of my car and walk in. Bells jingle when I step through the door.

"Hello, how can I help you?" the florist asks. After talking with her for a few moments, I decide to get Spencer a bouquet of geraniums, because geraniums are her all-time-favorite flower.

"Have a nice day!" the florist exclaims while handing me the flowers and ushering me away.

"Thanks" I reply, and set out in the direction of my car.

On my way home I look at the bouquet laying on its side in the passenger seat, and then to the small blue jewelry box next to it. Now I officially have everything to make tonight perfect.

*Spencer's POV*

I step back and take a look. The table arrangements look perfect for our candlelight dinner. I race to the cabinet and grab a bottle of wine and two glasses. Just after setting them on the table, I hear a knock at the back door. I open it and find Toby in his new suit and tie holding a bouquet of geraniums, my favorite. "Happy Anniversary Spence!" Toby says, handing me the flowers. I throw my arms around him and press my lips against his in a slow passionate kiss.

When we pull away, I lead him inside, and we sit down for dinner. About half way through, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a little blue box.

"Open it." He says, smiling as he hands it to me. I lift the top off and stare in awe.

"Toby, this is the most beautiful necklace I've ever seen!" I say, wrapping my arms around him. And it is! It is a beautiful silver ring embedded with diamonds, and in the center is a golden charm engraved with the letter S.

" Thank you so much! Now it's your turn to open my gift, but I didn't have time to wrap it." I say, handing Toby a wrist watch with our initials engraved in gold on the back. He embraces me in a warm hug and kisses me gently on the cheek.

"Thank you, Spencer. This is the most thoughtful gift I've ever received!" Toby admits excitedly.

After Toby and I finish eating and cleaning up the remains of our dinner, we take a seat in front of the fireplace with candles lit all around us.

"I love you." Toby whispers leaning in close to me.

"I love you too" I reply, staring longingly into his romantic eyes. We share a long deep kiss, followed by another and another. Each kiss gets more intense. Soon, I'm lost in the moment, not thinking about anything else except the man of my dreams right in front of me. I wrap my legs around his waist and he lifts me off the sofa chaise. Soon we are in a state where we decide take things to the bedroom, just as Hanna predicted.