Triple Threat

Two days later
*Toby's POV*

Today is Spencer's first ultrasound! I'm so excited to see our little one for the first time on a screen. I can already tell that our baby is going to be big and strong like its daddy. Spencer is a little over nine weeks pregnant, but her baby bump is already equivalent to the size of a 12 week pregnant belly, which is crazy!

Spencer hobbles down the stairs only half awake, just as I finish preparing breakfast. She smiles when she sees me.

"Breakfast?" I ask, handing her a plate full of bacon, eggs, toast, and fresh fruit.

"You didn't have to do that!" Spencer says grabbing the plate from my hand, and kissing me on the cheek. I embrace her in a hug, and kiss all down her neck. She leans into me, and sighs with delight. I walk her over to the table, and sit her down. Then I take a seat next to her.

"What time is the appointment again?" I ask bringing a mug of hot coffee to my lips. Spencer chews and swallows her food before speaking.

"1:30" she replies with a smile. I can't help but smile back. "You'll be there, right?" she asks taking another bite of toast.

"Of course!" I say wrapping her up in a side hug. "I wouldn't miss it for the world!"

She smiles up at me, her chestnut brown eyes sparkling in the morning sunlight.

"I love you," she says, reaching up to kiss my lips. I kiss her back.

"I love you too." I reply.

I wait until after Spencer finishes breakfast before leaving for work. I was just recently offered a job on the police force and of course I said yes! How could I possibly turn down the job of my dreams and the opportunity to provide for the girl of my dreams?

Once breakfast is completely cleaned up, I put on my black kicks and head out the door. Spencer comes up to me with a brown paper bag, constraining my lunch, in her hand. She reaches out and hands it to me. I willingly take it and kiss her on the cheek once more. She straightenes my tie, and adjusts my badge. Then she leans up, and kisses me on the lips. I kiss her back, and place my left hand on the small of her back. She wraps her arms around me, and tilts her head to the side. I caress her cheek in my hand, and continue to kiss her. This is by far my favorite part of our morning routine.

Once we pull apart, I grab my work bag, and open the door.

"Good bye Spencer." I say smiling at her.

"Good bye Toby." she says. "I'll see you at 1:30!"

Four hours later
*Spencer's POV*

I sit in the waiting room nervously, tapping my foot on the blue carpeted floor.  Toby should be here any second. I look around room at all the pictures hanging on the wall. There's a diagram of a bunch of ultrasounds at different weeks. I smile while looking at them all, knowing that I will get to see my own baby in a picture just like that any minute. The clock on the wall says it's exactly 1:23 pm. Only seven more minutes until I can finally see my baby for the first time!

I stare at a fish tank across the room, and think about what my life will look like a year from now. Will Toby and I still live in my parents house, or will we have our own place? Will Toby and I be engaged, or still just dating? What will our life as parents look like? Will we have a little boy or a little girl running around? What will our baby's name be? I have had names picked out for my future children ever since I was a child myself. Victoria for a girl and Theodore for a boy. I've dreamt about the day when I get to name my child, and it's crazy to think that day has arrived!