The Engagement (pt. 3)

*Hanna's POV*

"Hanna, you look absolutely stunning!" Caleb says, staring at me in awe. I blush.

"Thank you baby, so do you!" I lunge forward, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing his moist lips. He kisses back.

"I hope you're hungry." Caleb says after we pulll away. I chuckle.

"Is there ever a time I'm not?" I ask sarcastically. Caleb laughs and brushes a strand of hair away from my face. This simple gesture makes chills run up my spine. His fingers tickle my skin as they cascade down my face and land gently atop my stomach where our beautiful baby girl is growing. I grin.

"What?" Caleb asks, squinting his eyes as if to say "What are you hiding from me?"

"Nothing." I say shrugging. "I'm just happy." Caleb kisses my forehead.

"I'm happy too."

"So, you mentioned something about food." I hint. Caleb laughs and shakes his head.

"Oh Han, some things never change."

****

"Thank you Caleb, dinner was amazing!" I say, wiping my mouth with a paper napkin. Caleb smiles and grabs my hand from across the table.

"Anything for you my dear."  He says, giving my hand a squeeze. His eyes twinkle and a smile hides behind the corner of his lips. Why does he have to be so damn cute all the time?

"Okay, let's go!" Caleb says, grabbing his coat and standing up to leave.

"What, where?" I ask confused. As far as I knew, Caleb and I were just going out to eat and then heading home for a movie night and early bedtime.

"Trust me, you'll like it." Caleb says, taking my hand in his and leading me out the doors and onto the misty streets of Rosewood. The signs of spring are just starting to show. The snow is gradually melting off the ground and a few wild flowers are starting to bloom. The night air is not too cold, but not too hot. It's just perfect for a walk, but to my dismay, Caleb leads me to the car instead.

Once inside, he just sits there staring at me. His eyes twinkle like the evening stars. He looks happier than I've seen him in a while, but I have no idea why.  I smile back at him. He makes it so easy for me to fall in love him over and over again!

Finally after what seems like ages, not that I mind, Caleb pulls the car away from the restaurant.

"So, where are we going?" I ask anxiously. Caleb just smiles.

"You'll see." he says, keeping his eyes on the road. I sit back and cross my arms.

"You're no fun." I say, prerending to pout. Caleb chuckles.

"Oh Han, some things are left to be unknown for a reason."

I frown. "And what might that reason be?"

"I love seeing you get so upset over not being able to figure out where we're going." Caleb says laughing.

"Why?" I ask, only slightly offended. Caleb smiles at me.

"Because you're so damn cute when you're mad, and it makes me love you even more." He lays a hand on my pregnant stomach, and rubs his thumb gently back and forth across it. Just then, a sudden movement pushes my uterus and Caleb and I laugh.

"You like that princess?" Caleb asks smiling. Ashley kicks again.

"You're a happy little thing tonight, aren't you!" he says in his adorable little baby voice. I chuckle to myself.