I Spy a Liar

One week later
*Emily's POV*

Paige and I are finishing up the baby's nursery today! We decided to clear out the guest room and turn it into a nursery for our baby girl on the way! It's taken us a while, because we wanted to replace the old discolored carpet for beautifully furnished cedar hardwood floor, and now with that burden out of the way, we are finally ready to redecorate. We decided to go with a minimalistic, bohemian theme for the nursery. It suits my decorating style and personality very well. Aria and Ezra came by with Ian and Lucy earlier this week to help paint and plaster the wallpaper to the walls. Now today is set aside for all the last minute touch ups that will bring the room together.

Spencer and Toby came over to drop off a few of Bella's belongings for my baby girl. They gave half to Paige and I, and the other half to Hanna and Caleb for Ashley. Of course they're still devestated over the loss of their baby girl, but they realize that it's time to move past that dark place in their lives, and start focusing on the positive outcome, their beautiful baby boys.

"Em, where would you like me to hang this dream catcher?" Paige asks. I ponder for a moment, considering all the possible options before deciding on the perfect place.

"Well since the tassel Chandelier is hanging in the center of the room, and we are planning to hang the mobile over the baby's crib, let's hang it above the nightstand." I say, pointing in the general direction.

"Okay!" Paige finalizes, grabbing the stepping stool and positioning it right under where I want the dream catcher to hang.

"There, that looks perfect!" Paige exclaims, stepping down to admire her work.

"Yes it does! Baby girl will absolutely love it!" I say, smiling down at my precious baby girl growing inside of me. It took me a while to accept the fact that I am actually going to have a little mini me running around the house, and at first I was kind of glad I didn't have to worry about it for nine more months, but now I can't wait another day for this little squirt to arrive!

Even though I've accepted the fact that I am going to become a mother, I still haven't gotten over the fact that my daughter is also A's daughter. It makes me sick to my stomach whenever I think about it. I still have nightmares nearly every night. I'll admit, there were many times within my first trimester where I seriously considered getting an abortion, but I ultimately decided not to, and I am eternally grateful. I wouldn't hurt a fly, so there's no way I could ever kill an innocent little baby. Especially my innocent little baby.

What terrifies me the most about A being my child's father is that sooner or later my baby's going to start asking questions about her daddy, and I'm going to have to tell her the truth: that her father is a psychopath who kidnapped me and got me pregnant at seventeen. Or I can take the easy route and come up with a really good lie. I'm a pretty good little liar, so it shouldn't be that hard to hide the truth, right?
Aria, Spencer, Hanna, and Paige all tried to convince me to take a paternal test as soon as she's born so that we can end the A game once and for all. Medical records don't lie. Honestly though, the more I've thought about it, the more I decided that I don't want to know. As much as I want to end the A game, I just can't bring myself to find out who tried to kill me repeatedly, kidnapped me, drugged me, and knocked me up at seventeen while I had absolutely no knowledge about what the hell was going on because I was unconscious. To make matters worse, I would have to live with knowing the name and face of my baby's father, and that would make me go insane. I almost think it's better to keep it unknown.

Paige has been helping me adjust to what happened to me. I've also been meeting with Dr. Sullivan on a weekly basis to talk through some of the struggles and nightmares I've had since my assult occurred. It was actually my mom's idea. Of course I didn't mention that A is the one who got my pregnant, because that would land me right in the palm of A's hand, and I'm not willing to take that risk, especially with my baby girl being due in less than three months.