Santa Babies

Christmas Eve
*Aria's POV*

I awaken to Ezra's soothing voice and soft sunlight streaming through the windows.

"Merry Christmas Eve, beautiful." He says, setting a tray on my lap containing freshly baked cinnamon drizzled with honey, and a fruit sundae topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.

"Ezra," I smile, still groggy from sleep.

"Rise and shine sleepy head! Breakfast is hot and ready but it won't be for long." Ezra says, drawing the draperies to reveal the white snow capped trees.

"You shouldn't have!" I protest, so grateful to have a husband who gets up early on Christmas Eve morning to make breakfast for his wife.

"Of course I did. It's a tradition." Ezra says, leaving down to kiss me. I pat the empty space next to me on the bed, and Ezra sits down, snuggling close to me to enjoy our annual Christmas Eve breakfast in bed. We eat in silence, tuning in to one of our favorite Christmas movies, Miracle on 34th Street.

About half way through the movie, Lucy begins to cry followed by Ian. Ezra and I pause the movie and walk the short distance to their nursery.

"Merry Christmas my special babies!" I say, flipping on the light. Lucy and Ian stand and smile at us with their two bottom teeth poking out of their gums. Ezra lifts Lucy out of her crib, and I take Ian. We carry them back into our room and get them situated between us while we finish the rest of the movie.

*Hanna's POV*

"Merry Christmas mommy!" Caleb whispers in a high pitched baby voice. I open my eyes to see Caleb who's holding Ashley, standing at the bedside.

"Merry Christmas to my two favorite people on the planet!" I reply, giving them each a good morning kiss.

"I already packed her stuff for tonight, and I'm about half way done packing ours." Caleb says smiling.

"Awesome! I'll finish and get ready and then we can head out!" I direct. Today is Christmas Eve which means that we are spending the night at Spencer's house. We've had this tradition for a while now but it happened by misktake. Once, we were all hanging out at Spencer's house and the snow storm got so bad that we had no choice but to stay home! So now we always spend Christmas Eve there, and Christmas day with our families.

"Alright Hanna, let's get going!" Caleb says. I groan and force myself to leave the warm blankets, but I know if i don't, Caleb will just force me to anyway!

"Ok I'm up." I say, rubbing my eyes. Caleb chuckles.

"Ashley look at your sleepy mommy! She looks like a zombie!" Ashley smiles widely and kicks her feet excitedly.

"Hey now, it's Christmas can you two be nice to me at least for today?" I beg, even though I already know the answer.

"Should we be nice to mommy today?" Caleb asks our daughter who is still smiling. Ashley lets out some baby gibberish and coos contently.

"She said no." Caleb says blankly. I roll my eyes annoyedly.

"Ok fine, while you two stand here and make fun of me, I'll be getting ready to go to Spencer's house, surrounded by people who actually love me." I say in mock offense.

"Alright you do that. Ashley and I don't need you." Caleb replies. Just as the words leave his tongue, Ashley begins to wail. I quickly turn around and lift her out of Caleb's arms, into mine. I bounce her up and down until she stops crying.

"See, she needs me more than she needs you." I say, giving a sly smile. Caleb smiles and comes over to us, kissing my temple.

"I know, I know. Even I need you more than I need myself." He says, kissing me again. "Merry Christmas baby." He breathes into my hair. I sigh contently.