I Confess

Later that day
*Aria's POV*

I left the brew at about 11:30 after reviving the text from A. Its now nearly 1:00 already! I've driven around Ezra's unit about fifty times now, trying to muster up enough courage to park and go inside. Finally, I decide I can't possibly stall any longer, and reluctantly proceed to park my car.

After I turn off the ignition and sit in the parking lot for what seems like an eternity, I open the car door and step out onto the pavement.

My legs feel like jello as I wait for the elevator to arrive. My hands shake as I push the button. Up and up the elevator goes, making me more nervous by the second!

Finally, the elevator comes to a stop on floor B, and the wide doors slide open. I slowly make my way down the hall to Ezra's apartment, mentally rehearsing how I'm going to break the news to him.

Once Ezra's door is in sight, I take a deep breath, and knock.The door creaks open moments later.

"Aria!" Ezra exclaims, opening the door a little bit wider.

I stare at the ground. His smile fades.

"Aria, what is it? What's wrong?" he asks closing the door behind me.

I take a deep breath and purse my lips to keep from crying.

"I've been trying to talk myself out of what I'm about to tell you." I say, my eyes filling with tears.

"Aria!" Ezra says sympathetically.

I walk over to the couch, collapse into it, and burst into tears. Ezra joins me and puts his hand on my shoulder. Too upset to speak, I reach into my purse and pull out the positive pregnancy test, handing it over to Ezra slowly.

"I'm p-p-pregnant!" I say, sobbing hysterically. "I know you will probably hate me forever, a-a-and you have the right to. I'm just a stupid slut, who got knocked up at seventeen!" I sob into my hands.

It's silent for a while. I finally risk looking up at Ezra, tears still streaming down my face. Ezra's eyes are soft and filled with tears. He stares at me not saying a word all the while.

He swallows hard, and a single tear slides down his left cheek. He pulls me close, and I lay my tear stained cheek on his shoulder. Then he kisses my forehead gently.

"I love you so much." he says, wiping the tears from his eyes. "And nothing you do could ever change that. We'll figure this out, we always do." I bury my face in his shoulder. What did I do to deserve such a loving man like Ezra?

Ezra lays a gentle hand on my stomach. "You're going to make an excellent mommy too." He says wiping a tear off my cheek.

"And you're going to make an excellent daddy!" I add, smiling slightly. I lean my head against Ezra's chest, and he slides his hand in mine.

"Whatever happens, I will be there for you every step of the way." Ezra whispers softly.

I nod and close my eyes, relaxing in the arms of the love of my life. I grow more and more tired the more I replay the anxiety jerking events of the day, and before I know it, I drift off into a peaceful sleep.