Boy Crazy

*Spencer's POV*

"Ok boys, time to go shopping." I say, slipping their matching winter hats over their soft baby fuzz. Thanksgiving is only six days and since we are hosting it, we need to get all the stuff before it's all sold out. Troy and Keegan love going shopping, especially when they get to ride in the cart. They are already nine months old and I can't believe it! They've been crawling all over the place, getting into everything, standing up on their own, eating solids, and have even stopped breastfeeding for the most part. I still do breastfeed them occasionally, but they prefer real food. Macaroni noodles and cooked carrots are their absolute favorite foods. I like to make this soup with noodles, carrots, and chicken broth for them. Personally I think it sounds absolutely disgusting, but they devour it in minutes.

Once we get to the store, I unbuckle the boys from their carseats, and carry them out in the bitter cold November weather. Freshly fallen snow covers the ground. It was our first snow fall the year and I can't wait for the boys to play in it.

I step into the warm heat of the store and make my way to the carts, slipping the boys into the baby compartments. Riding in a shopping cart is one of their all time favorite things to do. They smile the entire time and sometimes cry when I take them out.

I quickly make my way through the store, picking up the items I need and moving on as quickly as possible. I know that I have a small window of time before the boys will get bored and throw a tantrum so I've gotten pretty good at strategically grocery shopping. We manage to make it out of the store in within twenty minutes with a full Thanksgiving meal in our cart.

Just as I am ready to buckle the boys into their car seats, I hear my name being called. I turn around to see someone I'd recognize anywhere.

"Nurse Jovi?" I ask sounding surprised.

"Spencer? I thought that was you!" She says, going in for a hug. "How are you?"

"I'm actually doing really well." I say proudly.

"Oh that's great! I'm so glad! I haven't seen your name on the Radley patient list in quite some time so I assumed you were doing well." Jovi says flashing her pearly white smile. Just then she notices the boys playing contently in the cart.

"Oh my goodness! Are those your precious boys?" She asks, turning her attention to them. I smile.

"You bet! The one in the blue is Troy, and the one in the red is Keegan." I say, giving each one of my boys a kiss on their head.

"I forgot you were expecting." Jovi laughs. "Oh Spence, you and Toby did a fabulous job with them. They are absolutely darling!" I smile proudly, then remember our conversation about Jovi's infertility struggle in Radley a year ago.

"So how have you been?" I ask her, hoping she will open up to me again.

"I'm glad you asked! I've been great actually!" She says, unable to hide her smile.

"That's awesome! How are you and your husband holding up?"

"Great. In fact, here he is now!" She replies, pointing to a tall, bearded man, pushing a full shopping cart with an unmistakable infant car seat.

"Oh my god, Jovi, did you guys have a baby?" I ask in shock. She chuckles.

"Well not exactly. We got a call a few months ago from a hospital in Southern Mexico. They said that they knew we were interested in adoption and that a teenage mom had just given birth to a baby girl that she was putting up for adoption, and they wanted to know if we were interested. So we immediately said yes and flew down to Mexico the next day, and took her straight home from the hosital. Meet our little Mina." Jovi holds up a small, dark haired baby girl dressed in pink with deep brown, almond shaped eyes and chestnut colored skin.

"Yep, it was truly a miracle." The bearded man says, kissing baby Mina's soft head. "I don't think we've properly met. I'm Scott." He says, extending a hand.

"I'm Spencer. Jovi and I met in Radley about a year ago." I say smiling.

"Well it's nice to meet you!" He says, giving me a warm smile.

"You too! I'm so happy for the both of you! You guys are gonna make excellent parents and deserve little Mina more than anyone else."I say truthfully.

"Thank you Spencer!" Jovi says, giving me another hug. "I hope you and your little family have a blessed holiday season."

Suddenly I get an idea.

"Yes, thank you! And speaking of that, are you guys doing anything for Thanksgiving next week?" I ask. Scott and Jovi shake their heads.

"We were planning to go to my parents house, but they had to go out of town unexpectedly for my great uncle's funeral, so we were just going to have a family day at home." Jovi explains. I smile.

"Well, my husband Toby and I host an annual Thanksgiving party at our house every year with our friends and their kids. You guys are welcome to join us if you want. The more the merrier!" I encourage. Jovi and Scott smile.

"You mean it?" They ask. "I mean, we wouldn't want to intrude on your holiday celebration."

"Nonsense!"I protest. "Besides, it will give you a chance to meet Emily, Hanna, and Aria since I've talked about them so much. And Mina would get along great with Ashley, Shay, Lucy, Ian, and the boys."

"Well, ok then. We'd love to!" Jovi and Scott say in unison.

"Great! I'll see you then! It was great seeing you guys again!" I say, hugging each of them.

***
"Knock, knock." I say, barging through the back door with grocery bags and the two carseats.

"Hey!" Toby says, smiling at me from the couch.

"Guess what?" I say smiling.

"What?"

"We have two more guests coming for Thanksgiving!"

"Really, who?"

"My Nurse from Radley, Jovi and her husband, Scott and their daughter, Mina." I say smiling.

"Really, that's awesome! How did that happen?" Toby asks, taking a few grocery bags out of the trunk.

"I ran into them at the store and they said they didn't have any plans for Thanksgiving so I invited them over."

"That's great babe! I'm so glad!" Toby says smiling.

"Me too! Are you almost ready to take the boys outside?"

"Yep, I'm all dressed. I just have to put these groceries away for you." Toby says, winking at me. He knows me so well.

Soon enough, the boys and I are all bundled up in our hats and gloves, ready to play in the snow. It's been years since I've enjoyed the snow and now that we have Troy and Keegan, I have a logical excuse to play in it! As soon as we set the boys down in the cold snow, they sit still, unsure of what to do. Their big blue eyes are wide, mesmerized by the glittering snow surrounding them. Troy, being the brave one, takes initiative and reaches out to touch the cold snow, quickly pulling his hand away when he does, looking shocked confused. Toby and I chuckle.

"What do ya think, buddy? Is that coooold? Brrrr." Toby says, shaking his head and shivering. The boys shriek with laughter.

"You like that?" Toby asks, getting on his hands and knees and smothering them with kisses.

"Babe, they want you to do it again." I say. Toby does the exact same thing, and the boys have the same reaction.

"Spence, they love it!" Toby says, smiling up at me.

"Do it again!" I say. Toby nods and does it again even louder. The boys laugh so hard that their little pudgy faces turn bright red. Toby and I laugh too. If you've ever seen a baby laugh, you'll know why.

With Thanksgiving coming right around the corner, I'm so beyond thankful for this little family of mine. These boys mean the world to me and I love them to death. I've never been so boy crazy in my entire life.

_________

Yay! Only 4 more days 'til Christmas!!! Holiday chapter coming next so stay tuned for that! Love you guys! -K