Forever Ended Today

*Hanna's POV*

I have spent all day trying to figure out what to say to Caleb. Spencer, Aria, and Emily stayed as long as they possibly could, but eventually Aria and Spencer had to get home to their fiancés, and Emily had an appointment with Dr. Sullivan. I just put Ashley down for a nap in her crib, and now I'm sitting on the couch, staring at nothing in particular, and dreading the moment when the front door will open.

Every time the clock ticks, my heart tightens and my throat clogs. A million thoughts spin around my head. All I want is to wake up from this nightmare next to Caleb, my fiancé, who I'm marrying in exactly forty-one days. Caleb, the one who would never do anything to hurt me or our daughter. The one who always protects me and would never intentionally hurt me or my friends. But no matter how much I try to force myself to wake up from what I'm desperately hoping is a nightmare, I still find myself stuck in the same room, staring at the same wall, with that same dreaded feeling in the pit of my stomach. 

I wait anxiously until the sun sinks down below the horizon, the darkness closes in, and the streets are guided by the twinkling streetlamps. Rain drops patter lightly on the windows. I just wait, and wait, and wait.

Sooner than I'd hoped, I see headlights roll up our driveway, and my heart drops to my feet; Caleb's home. It only takes him a minute or two before he comes into the house, his usual cheery mood not a warm welcoming anymore.

"Hey babe, I'm home!" he says, coming into the living room. He smiles. "So, I was thinking that we could go shopping this weekend for wedding stuff. We'll go to bridal stores, cake bakeries, catering buisness', floral shops, etcetera! Plus I think an outing for just the two of us is long overdue. We can ask your mom to watch Ashley while we are gone, I'm sure she'd love it!" He exclaims. I remain silent. "Also, I finally decided who my best man will be, Lucas! Who's better? I mean he was my first friend and also one of your close friends, so it's perfect! I'm sure Mona will be thrilled to be your maid of honor too."

"mhmm." I say bitterly and face the other way. Caleb ignores me and keeps rattling.

"So as of right now you have three bridesmaids and I have three groomsmen. Mona, Kate, Danielle, Lucas, Travis, and Sean. Sound good?" Caleb asks innocently. I just nod and bite my lip out of anger.

"Hanna, I can tell when something's nothing you. What's up?" he asks, sliding a hand across my back. Shivers run up my spine and I push him away.

"Stop!" I yell, and race into the kitchen. "Don't touch me like that!" I take deep breaths, and grab a fistful of my hair to keep from exploding. It's only a matter of seconds before Caleb comes after me.

"Hanna, what's your problem?" He asks, anger raging in his voice. I whip around to face him.

"What's my problem? You're the one sneaking around behind my back to meet up with Mona!" I yell. Caleb looks distraught.

"What are you talking about?" he asks. I glare at him.

"Oh don't play dumb, you know exactly what I'm talking about." I scoff.

"Wha-"

"Caleb I know you didn't go to Philly." I yell, tears starting to form. Caleb stands there silently.

"Hanna, you don't understand. I was in Philly, I just came back, because I needed to adress a situation." He starts.

"What situation? Another one of A's little tasks? What are you, A's messenger now? Did you come home to eat dinner, or did you come home because you needed me to be a victim in another one of A's experiments? Here, let me just turn around for you so you can stab me in the back. God damn it, Caleb." I ramble. Just then a terrible thought surfaces, one that I wish had never even crossed my mind. "Oh my god...did you get Emily pregnant?"

"What- No! Hanna please-"

"No Caleb, you don't get to speak. Emily saw you the other night talking to A in the alley. I know that you're working for A. Get away from me!" I scream and shove Caleb away from me.

"Hanna, I can explain," Caleb says, walking towards me.

"NO! Get the hell away from me now or I swear to God I will plunge this knife right through you!" I scream, while grabbing a knife from the counter and pointing it directly at Caleb.

Caleb puts his hands up slowly in surrender. "Hanna, listen."

"NO!" I scream, gripping the knife tighter. "I don't want to hear another one of your stupid lies!" I sob.

"Hanna, it's not what you think. If you would just listen to me-"

"NO! Get out, get out NOW!" The knife shakes unsteadily in my hand. Just then Ashley starts crying from upstairs. Caleb stops for a brief moment before bolting up the stairs to find Ashley. I follow behind.

"Caleb, Caleb STOP!" I scream at the top of my lungs. Ashley's cries get louder. Caleb reaches her nursey first and attempts to grab her out of her crib.

"Don't lay a single hand on her!" I warn, skimming the knife over Caleb's hand, just enough to make him bleed.

"Hanna, what the hell?" Caleb cries, shoving his hand in his mouth and wincing in pain. I scoop Ashley out of her crib and hold her to my chest.

"Get away from my daughter!" I yell as Ashley continues to scream in my arms. Caleb breaks down in sobs.

"Hanna, please-"

"GET OUT, GET OUT NOW!" I sob, pointing the knife to the door.

"Hanna, don't do this. Please don't do this." Caleb begs on the floor. Blue and cherry lights flash outside the window and sirens blare through the air. A feeling of relief washes over me. They got my call, they came!

"It's too late." I breathe while sliding the engagement ring off my finger. I chuck it across the room as hard as I can. It ricochets off the wall and rolls to a stop on the floor.

"Caleb Rivers, come out of the house with your hands up. You are under arrest for the murder of Alison DiLaurentis." A voice blares over the loud speaker. Caleb looks petrified.

"Hanna, what have you done?"He asks, his eyes wide with terror.

I try to speak through my tears. "Only what I had to." I reply, turning away.

Caleb looks around frantically for an escape route, tears now rolling down his own cheeks. Suddenly, before I can stop him, Caleb makes a split second decision and leaps out the window. Glass shatters everywhere and Ashley screams louder. I scream as glass shards fly into my legs. I glance out over the window sill.

"Oh my god." I scream. There's no sign of Caleb anywhere, he's gone. I crumple into a ball on the floor holding Ashley, who's crying in my arms. She wants her daddy. I want her daddy.

Police officers search the house, tearing through it like a tornado. I ignore them all. I'm too paralyzed to move. All I can hear is the faint sounds of sirens, Ashley's crying, and my own heartbeat pounding in my ears. Caleb and I were supposed to be together  forever. Our story wasn't supposed to end like this! How could it end like this? Where did I go wrong?

"NO" I scream as loud as I possibly can. Ashley screams louder. I try to comfort her but it's no use. Everything is falling apart...