Counting On Forever

One week later
*Aria's POV*

I cannot believe that my babies are one year olds today! It feels like I blinked my eyes and they grew up! For the babies' party, we decided to take a pretty big risk and fly down to Hilton Head South Carolina! Ezra's mom, Dianne, has a time share right off the beach, and offered to host their party. Of course Ezra and I agreed. Since it's January, the weather in Pennsylvania is not fit for an outdoor party, and everyone was in dire need of a vacation.

Ezra and I wanted to make the party gender neutral so I had Hanna help me decide the theme for the party. After a lot of careful consideration, we settled for a bumblebee theme. I think it's an absolutely adorable idea for a party, and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Toby even offered to build honey comb cupcake displays too. I definitely think that's the best part of the whole thing, and so meaningful too!

"Good morning my beautiful birthday babies!" I sing, lifting the twins out of their cribs. They give me a toothy grin.

"Thats what I like to see! Are you ready for your special birthday party today?" I ask, bouncing them up and down and showering them with kisses.

"Did I hear my one year olds are awake?" Ezra asks, poking his head in the room. I nod, and Ezra walks in, lifting Ian from my arms.

"How ya doin buddy? Feeling strong? Feeling excited, little man?" Ezra asks, playing with Ian's arms. He laughs and claps his hands.

"And how about you Lucy girl? Are you feeling good this lovely morning? Are you feeling ready to fully take on the responsibilities of being a one year old?" Ezra kisses her head and looks back and forth to them.

"Now listen babies, I know you're one today but that doesn't mean you're allowed to grow ok? We want you to stay little forever! We don't want you to turn into snobby teenagers like us. You're mommy and I love you very much and we know what's best for you, alright? One thing you need to remember kids is that mommy and daddy are always right. Dont ever think you can outsmart us in an argument because you can't. I'm lookimg at you, girlfriend" Ezra says, pointing to Lucy. I laugh. This whole conversation is ridiculous, ridiculously cute!

"I think that's about it. You got anything you wanna add babe?" Ezra asks. I shake my head.

"Nope you just about covered it!" I say chuckling.

"Alrighty then! Who's ready for the best day of their life?" Ezra and I raise the twins' hand, and both burst into laughter. I can already tell today is going to be great!

***

"Happy birthday, dear Ian and Lucy! Happy birthday to you!" Everyone starts clapping and cheering once the song is over, and anxiously waits to see what the babies will do next. Ezra and I help them blow out their candles and remove them from their cakes. Ian reaches out and grabs the candle, attempting to stick it in his mouth. Ezra quickly intervenes and takes it away, much to Ian's disapproval. He starts whimpering.

"No buddy. You can't eat these, they're yucky." Ezra explains, making a face.

"Eat this! It tastes much better." Ezra motions to the honey comb cake that remains untouched on his high chair tray. Ian stares at it for a second before plunging his finger through the center of the cake. Lucy watches him cautiously, making sure it's safe before doing the same. I laugh, as does a few others.

After sticking his finger in the cake a few times, Ian dives into the cake head first, emerging moments later with cake and icing smeared on his face. Everyone laughs and snaps pictures.

"He is his father's son." Dianne remarks, receiving a stink eye from Ezra. I laugh while nodding in agreement. Every day I see a little more of Ezra poke through Ian, and I see my tiny little quirks in Luce.