Epilogue.

1 month later. 

+++

Seeing her watch and noticing that was only missing a few minutes to finish her shift at work, Ashley sighed. It had been a long night, especially when the restaurant had been full of hungry students with overdose of testosterone that just wanted to eat and watch the football game.

She reviewed in her mind all she had to do that week: deliver 2 papers, study for 3 upcoming exams and also go out to dinner with Roxanne, Aubree and Josh because she had days without seeing them. Thinking about all of that drained her. 

—Hey Ashley, I think that after collecting the dishes from table 5 you can leave. —Rebecca, the manager of the place said. 

—Okay, fine. Thank you. —She smiled and hurried to pick up everything.

After taking her purse and jacket from the rack, she said goodbye to her co-workers and came out to the cold through the back door of the place. She pulled her phone out of her purse to see if she had any new messages. She smiled as she noted that Nathan had texted her hours earlier.

From: Nathan.

"Call me when you get to the dorm. :) X "

She took her left hand out of the pocket of her jacket to text back, but she couldn't.

She never quite got to the dorm again. Not really.

In that moment, she felt someone wrapping their hands around her head, covering her nose with a wet towel that smelled strange.

The next thing she saw was how the darkness consumed her.

Hours later, she was able to open one eye, but she saw that she shouldn't have opened it, for all the place started to spin around. Instantly, as a reflex from her body, she brought her hand to her head, which ached intensely. She managed to pull herself up with one arm and sit right. But it was all so confusing, black and fuzzy.

—What the...? —She tried to say, but she couldn't find her voice. 

She looked around while everything was still spinning. It was cold, and she was still wearing that ridiculous uniform she had to wear to work, but she didn't have her jacket on. She tried to focus her eyes on something. The only light came from the Moon and entered through the windowsill obliquely. She looked up. She saw that the roof was made of wood, like floor, and everything looked old as dust and cobwebs covered everything. It's probably an abandoned cabin, she thought. 

She had the strange feeling that she had been there before. 

She licked her dry lips and swallowed, trying to cure the dryness in her throat.

—Hello? —She said, but it came out in a whisper. She tried again—. Hello? —There was no answer—. Is there anyone here?

After waiting several seconds without getting any response, she heard how from the dark corner of the room, someone made the old floor squeak while taking steps towards her. 

She could make out a dark silhouette approaching.

With the fear slowly accumulate within her, she joined the little bravery she had to speak again. —Hello?

The person was suddenly bathed in the pale light of the night. A wicked smile flashed in the room.

—Hello, Ashley.

She had to resist the urge to gasp. —Patrick?