Chapter 9. || "That should be me."

- I swear to God, Roxanne, it was so so so romantic! - I said, my eyes raised to the ceiling as I squeezed the brains out of my teddy bear. 

Roxanne laughed. - oh God, you love him so much. - 

- it's just that uhh... The way he defended me from that evil witch... It was so.... You had to be there! And then, when we were alone, I felt so happy, even though we talked about how we spent the last months and everything... But he had me at every word... - I sighed like a little girl in love, and no, I wasn't faking it, it was exactly how I felt. 

- That's so cute - she smirked. 

That night, I had some trouble falling asleep, since all I could do was think about Nathan. And surprisingly or not, I dreamt about him that night. I always have weird dreams, and this one was not the exception.

Nathan was all dressed up in white: white jacket, white cotton shirt, white pants and white high-tops. He looked like an angel, and it took all my strength not to touch him to se if he was real. I looked down to my body and noticed that I was also drenched in white: a topless white dress and white ballerinas. I looked up again and realized Nathan was extending his hand for me to take it, and after a minute of hesitancy, I did. 

He guided me through the crowd of people dressed all in black, contrary of us. I looked around and didn't see any faces I easily recognized. A slow music started playing and that's when Nathan put his hand on my waist. I didn't notice there was a band playing live music until then. He gently pushed me towards him and my instincts told me to rest my chin near his shoulder and to curl my arm down his armpit so my hand rested on his shoulder, next to my face. 

We started moving to the compass of the music, and I remembered the time he asked me to dance with him without the music under the refrigerator lights. I remember telling him that I was not good at it, but I still did it. After a minute, I realized I had my eyes closed while I was feeling his chest going up and down. I moved my head back so I could see him in the face, and I saw that look that I loved so much: his eyes inspired tranquility, softness and comprehension, his muscles all relaxed and his eyebrows just a little bit raised. I smirked and felt warm on the inside. Being with him made me so damn happy. It was just so simply for me. 

Then suddenly, everything changed. Nathan's face became a mixture of Jay's and Patrick's face, and I wasn't sure if I was okay. His outfit changed its color to black, mixing with everybody on the crowd, leaving me as the only white spot in the room. I backed away just a little, then turned around as I heard what I thought was a scream. 

It was Nathan, being dragged away from me by Dionne. I noticed that just as everyone, she was all dressed up in the same color, except that her color was red. Nathan fought to unlace himself from Dionne's arms, but failed within the try. I felt the urge to walk towards him, but when I wanted to walk, I felt like my body was stuck there. I looked down and indeed, my feet were molten to the floor. I moved around my arms and tried to pull myself out of that thing, but it was like quicksand: the more you moved, the more you sank. 

And that's when I woke up. I'm not going to say I was all red and drenched up in a fine blanket of my own cold sweat, but I can say that I was accelerated, probably by the presence of Nathan in my dream. 

After that night, I knew my dreams weren't going to be normal again. 

The alarm clock sounded, and this time I didn't press snooze. I remembered setting it up for 9:30am of the next morning. I yawned as I got up from bed, being careful not to wake up Roxanne, who was still sleeping. I made my way to the bathroom and did my daily routine, then I picked my outfit and that's when Roxanne woke up.