Chapter 32. || "Surprise Factor."

After the concert in Miami I still had 2 weeks left of holiday, which I wanted to take advantage of. 

The boys had to continue recording the new album, so they had to be in London and Los Angeles in those two weeks. First, we went to London.

I was still working for Nano, however, I could not enter the studio where they were recording because I prohibit myself to do so. I didn't want to hear anything new, I wanted to wait , so I spent the whole day sitting in the lobby of the recording studio making the first thing that came to mind: reading, listening to music, talking to people who sit on my side and on occasions Nano would make me do a couple of things for him and I thanked him for it, but that was not all the time.

The boys recorded their parts alone, clearly, so sometimes when they were not recording, they came by and accompanied me. Tom brought guitars and gave me more guitar lessons, and Max and Siva played Monopoly with me. I didn't do anything with Jay, but I still had a good time. But when I was alone, I almost always went downtown and wasted my time, bought everyone coffee and returned.

Most days I had to go alone to the hotel because they stayed until early in the morning recording, and, there were days when they didn't even return and stayed up all night and day in the studio. They were so dedicated. I knew they were all tired, well, it was pretty obvious. Sometimes I felt Nathan arriving at 2 in the morning, getting himself on bed and falling asleep, with his clothes an all. It hurt to see them like that, but at the same time I was very proud of them.

The second week we traveled back to Los Angeles. This time they had many meetings with Scooter, and they also did some more recording. Besides that they were all defeated by the jet- lag, they continued to work as usual.

One day I was reading in the study when Roxanne called me, and I realized I had not talked to her since forever. I felt horrible about it, since I used to tell her everything. I remembered that I hadn't even told her about my father's death, and once again I had to go through the immense pain of remembering everything. At the end, she always knew what to say to make me feel better and this time was not the exception.

After a pause, she began: —Josh's graduation is on this weekend.

I raised my eyes from the book that I was trying to read. —This weekend?

—Yeah. That's why I was calling for.

—Oh, my God. —I began—. I need to go.

—You don't have to, you know. You'll see him when you get back.

—No, of course I do have to be there. —I said—. I have no problem with going now. I'm not doing much here, anyway.

—But you're with Nathan. You know that after this you will not see him that much.

—I know, but I have to be with Josh. Also, I will see Nathan. 

There was another pause. —Hey, I'm moving in with Josh. We already rented an apartment near the hospital.

—Oh. —I said, thinking of what to say—. So I guess I will have a new roommate.

—Not if you apply for a single room.

—Good idea. —I didn't bear the thought of having to live with someone new. I sighed—. It isn't such a bad idea to leave earlier. I can see Josh and also go and see if I can get a new job. 

—So... you're coming? —Roxanne asked me. 

—Sure. I'll buy my tickets. —I said—. I have to tell other ones.

—Okay. Text me if you need anything, alright?

—Okay. 

I ended the call and closed the book. I started to stand up and fixed my jeans, but in just that moment, I saw that Nathan, Siva and Tom walked were coming my way. I smiled